Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Toasted Marshmallow S’more Bars

For a long time this year I held out on the s'more bandwagon, until I posted these s'more roll-ups.


I do love a good s'more... but my favorite part is the toasted goodness of those marshmallows over a camp fire.  These bars are a delightful combination of what I love about a good s'more and a good dessert bar.

 
You'll enjoy these.



Toasted Marshmallow S’more Bars – SnoWhite’s Mom

Ingredients

  • 3/4 C butter
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 2 C white whole wheat flour
  • 1 C crushed graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 C dark chocolate chips
  • 4 C mini marshmallows
  • 1/4 C milk
  • 1 bag of caramels*

Directions

Begin by softening the 3/4 C butter, and add to it 3/4 C brown sugar.  Then, add the 2 C white whole wheat flour and 1 C crushed graham cracker crumbs.  Mix until well combined.  Then, press the crumbs into a greased 9x13 baking dish.

Sprinkle the marshmallows over the crust layer, then sprinkle the chocolate chips.  Then, if you are using a bag of caramels, unwrap and melt the caramels with the 1/4 C milk.  If you are making your own caramel, prepare according to directions.  Pour the caramel over the top of the marshmallows and chocolate chips.

Bake the bars at 375 for 15-20 minutes until marshmallows are lightly browned.

Cool for 15 minutes or more before slicing & serving.

The best way to cut these bars is with a wet knife!  No kidding… that’s the only way you’ll be able to slice them without the marshmallows going everywhere! 


*alternatively, you can use this caramel sauce recipe; if you do - omit the 1/4 C milk.
 

9 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, are you serious? roasted marshmallows are my favorite - I might be making these soon.

    On another note, thank you for all of your advice about making bread and kitchen aids, etc. I ended up getting a Kitchen Aid Professional Series on Black Friday and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I shouldn't make these, but they look soooo good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omywow those look yummmy! I love all your recipes & your kitchen is just fab!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look insanely good! I love your toasty tops! Some of the best S'mores bars I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, are those goodies legal? They look scrumptious! I have to make these. There goes my New Year's Resolution. Your kitchen looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love toasted marshmallows too. They take me straight back to summer at the beach!

    These bars look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...