Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Black Bean Dip

This bean dip is my all time favorite – creamy and an excellent blend of flavors.  Frog Prince isn’t much for black beans, but even he will enjoy a couple bites of this dip. 

Black Bean Dip – Finding Joy in My Kitchen

Ingredients

  • 1 can (14 oz) black beans
  • 2 T (heaping) sour cream or Greek yogurt
  • 1 T milk
  • 2 tsp. minced onion
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • pinch of salt & pepper
  • 1/4 C Colby Jack or Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese

Directions

Rinse & drain the can of beans.  Add the beans to a blender along with 2 T sour cream, 1 T milk, 2 tsp. minced onion and 2 garlic cloves, minced.  Sprinkle with salt & pepper. 

Blend until beans are smooth. 

Stir in half of the cheese.  Then, pour the bean dip into a lightly greased small baking dish.

Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the beans. 

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until bean dip is bubbly & cheese has melted. 

Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks great, I love dips of all kinds! Must pin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black beans so I know I'll love this. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very yummy and easy, I'm trying it for dinner tonight. I just found your site and love all the recipes you have on here. Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...