Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Parmesan Feta Peppers

I just have to say… the fab five… Wow.  Truly amazing.  Did you see them compete last night? Being that my heart is still tied to Michigan, I was overjoyed for Jordyn {have I mentioned that she used to babysit the kids of our pre-marriage mentors?!}.  What a great night. 

Too bad we didn’t have these appetizers for the party.  These have to be the easiest appetizer… and the best!

The recipe originates from a family friend and neighbor, but my sister added her own twist by using Greek Yogurt!!  I love me some Greek yogurt, so it didn’t take much convincing on my behalf to try these. 

Parmesan Feta Peppers – Adapted from the Sellnow family

Ingredients

  • Bell Peppers (2-4)
  • 3 T Feta cheese
  • 2 T Greek yogurt
  • 2 T Parmesan cheese

Directions

Slice up your bell peppers.  Slice into strips about 1-1/2 inches long. 

In a small bowl, mix together 3 T Feta cheese, 2 T Greek Yogurt (you can use sour cream), and 2 T Parmesan cheese. 

Divide the cheese mixture over the sliced peppers. 

Broil for 5 minutes until slightly browned, cheeses are melted and peppers are warmed. 

Serve warm.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I just pinned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW! These look "fantastic"!!! Thank you so much, I'll be making them tonight...
    HUGS,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is neat she used to babysit for someone that you know!!! They did so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did... it made me so excited. Having been an athlete for years, I can understand an ounce of what they did to get where they are. Amazing.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. I could eat maybe 10 of these right now. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these feta peppers! What a tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't avoid trying them the same day I read the recipe! I only cooked them and bit more, and used ricotta to add to the feta (I couldn't find the greek yogurt)... I used them to accompany them to beef and rice... it was delicious. If you want check the recipe I used on my blog: http://oggipercena.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/manzo-con-cipolla-riso-alla-brasiliana-e-stuzzichino-di-peperoni-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed them! Lovely idea using ricotta.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the recipe! I'm making them for the second time in 2 weeks! -Amy Moeller

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...