Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Roasted Tomato BLT

I’m sure you’ve had the staple summer sandwich before – but I can guarantee you haven’t had a real BLT until you’ve had one made with roasted tomatoes. 

This BLT is over the top good; add a slice of cheese and oh my! 

Roasting the tomatoes brings out a depth of flavor that compliments the salty bacon and helps create a filling sandwich. 

Roasted Tomato BLT

Ingredients {serves 2}

  • 4 slices of whole wheat bread
  • 4 strips of cooked bacon, halved
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 2 slices of cheddar cheese {optional}
  • Lettuce or spinach, as desired
  • Butter
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • Basil {optional}

Directions

Begin by slicing the tomato into thin slices.  Lay each slice onto a sheet of tinfoil.

Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.  If desired, sprinkle with dried basil too.  Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes (we used about 1/2 tsp.).   

Roast the tomatoes under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until bubbly and roasted. 

Meanwhile, toast your bread and when the toast is ready, butter one side – if desired. 

Layer on the cheese, bacon, lettuce and top with roasted tomatoes. 

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, it looks divine!!! I bet it would be even better panini-style!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love BLTs! My bf had never heard of them (weird, I know) when I made them at home. I explained what BLTs are and he looked confused and asked me where the meat was. Ummm...I guess bacon wasn't enough for him. Anyways, I want to try this to see if he might get a bit more excited for my favorite sandwich.

    Bth, I love your blog and have been reading it forever but never comment :( Anytime I want to actually follow a recipe and make something new I come here to pick out a recipe. Especially when it comes to bready-things. I've been dying to make those baked sandwiches! Sooooo THANK you, I APPRECIATE you!

    Sorry for the rambling comment, but just want to add that I'm so excited for the upcoming fall/holiday season and can't wait to see what pops up here. Yaaay can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BLT's. But this looks like a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! We love this way to enjoy the sandwich ... won't ever go back :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...