Happy Valentine’s Day!
Whip up a batch of these quick heart pizzas for lunch or dinner – your family is sure to enjoy them, especially if you let them top their own!
Mini Heart Pizzas
- Whole Wheat English Muffin Hearts
- Quick Freezer-Friendly Pizza Sauce
- Shredded cheese, of your choosing (we used mozzarella and cheddar)
- Meaty toppings: Canadian bacon, pepperoni, bacon bits
- Veggie toppings: Mushrooms, bell peppers, black olives, spinach, diced
Take your English muffin hearts (get the recipe here), or other English muffins and slice them in half.
Slather each half with pizza sauce. If you are short on pizza sauce, just use tomato paste seasoned with garlic, basil and oregano.
Top each half with desired toppings – start with the meat, then veggies and end with the cheese.
Place on a cookie sheet or oven rack and toast at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn. We used our toaster oven for this!
Serve warm. Perhaps alongside tomato soup? Get the recipe here.
Enjoy & Happy Valentine’s Day!