Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ingredient Spotlight: Eggplant

Eggplant.  Either you like them, you don’t like them or you haven’t tried them.  Which camp do you fall into? 

Eggplant from our garden, 2012

The first time I had eggplant was at a middle eastern restaurant ages ago… it was deep fried and amazing.  Since then, I’ve looked for fun ways to use this veggie. 

Did you know, it’s related to the tomato and potato? 
And, that is has LDL cholesterol lowering chlorogenic acid?
Of course, it’s also a great source of fiber, Vitamin A, and potassium. 

Our favorite way to use eggplant is in Remy’s Ratatouille.  We must make this 3-4 times every August when our eggplant is ripe… love, love, love it. 

We also enjoy eggplant in Lucy’s Amazing Chili. 

How do you enjoy eggplant? 

Join us next week for tomatoes!

2 comments:

  1. Will be coming back to check some of the recipes. I love eggplant but have a terrible time making anything successful with it so I usually leave it to get in restaurants (had some of the best varieties in China!). I finally made a dish last night that worked though so hopefully I'll be on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some tasty eats! I have a bit of trouble getting eggplant to work consistently, but Lucy’s Amazing Chili looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...