I freely admit, I had to restrain myself with today’s Ingredient Spotlight because, well, sweet potatoes are one of my favorite ingredients. I love to use them in all sorts of dishes from soups to desserts. They’ve even found their way into sandwich bread from time to time too!
Sweet potatoes are an amazing veggie – in fact, in terms of nutrients, sweet potatoes come out on top. Yes, they are the best veggie you can eat. And, they are cheap too!
And, they make a great substitute for pumpkin:
- Sweet potatoes are naturally sweeter than pumpkin, meaning you can significantly reduce the sweetener in your favorite fall dish!
- Sweet potatoes are high in fiber (3x that of pumpkin).
- Sweet potatoes have 4x the amount of Vitamin A than pumpkins.
- Sweet potatoes have 3x the amount of Vitamin C than pumpkins.
- Sweet potatoes have more calcium & iron than pumpkins.
What are you waiting for? Make some sweet potato puree and get baking! You can find some of our favorite recipes here, and also below. Scroll down to the bottom to make sure you see recipes that others link up too.
And, of course, Sweet Potato Casserole… so good, it can be dessert!
What are your favorite Sweet Potato Recipes?