Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thanksgiving Week: Side Dishes

As much as I like turkey, the side dishes to me make Thanksgiving.  I don’t know why I don’t make more of these side dishes during the year, but I don’t.  I guess that helps me look forward to Thanksgiving so much. 

image

A family favorite recipe that you will find on our dinner table every year is my mom’s Wild Rice Stuffing.  Whole wheat bread mixed with wild rice, mushrooms, celery and onions compliments the turkey so well. 

Sweet potatoes are a must for us as well, and this sweet potato casserole is delightful.  It’s so tasty, I might even have some for dessert. 

Green Bean Casserole adorns many tables, but if you’ve never made it with fresh green beans and your own cream of mushroom soup, give that a go this year.  You can even make it in the crockpot to give yourself more oven space on Thanksgiving day.

Roast up a butternut or buttercup squash and keep it warm in your crockpot.  Toss in some butter and brown sugar and you will certainly enjoy a fall favorite. 

Grandma’s Mashed Potatoes are always a hit in our family; creamy and delicious, they go great with gravy.

Roasted Vegetables bring out delightful flavors in your side dishes.  We recommend carrots & asparagus, or mushrooms & green beans

In addition, I recommend these recipes from some of my favorite bloggers:

 

image_thumb[3]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...