Dear readers, thank you for your encouragement and faithful reading of this tiny little blog during 2015.
As you know, it was a year full of big changes for our family. Our daughter
is nearing her first birthday, and it’s been a joy-filled yet busy ride! I am
finding it quite challenging to be a full time wife and mom while working full
time as a college professor and finding time/space to maintain this blog. Thank
you for your patience as I didn’t post as many new recipes over the past year.
I can’t make any promises for a better run in 2016, but I can let you know
that this blog will continue to be here, and I’ll pop in from time-to-time with
a new recipe our family loves. This is my recipe box too!
While this is no Countdown to the new year-style recap, here are some of our
favorites from 2015:
15. Skillet Chili Cheese Shells – Easy and filling; leftovers are
14. Rustic Tuscan Chicken Skillet – A change of pace from our
typical meals, this one ranks high our favorites from 2015.
13. Butternut Squash and Kale Quesadillas – What a fantastic
combination of ingredients, and inside a quesadilla?!
12. Pizza Twists – A fun twist (no pun intended) on pizza!
Perfect for those upcoming football playoff games (Go Green!!)
11. Pulled Chicken Parmesan Wraps – Oh so easy! Lovely flavors
too. Our go-to lunch this summer.
10. Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal – An old favorite got a new flavor
combination. Excellent way to use up over-ripe bananas and it’s faster and
healthier than banana bread, yet tastes just like it!
9. Lemon Skillet Chicken with Vegetables – Pucker up! This lemon
skillet chicken is tangy and delicious.
8. Tomato, Mozzarella and Vegetable Penne Pasta Bake – Easy and
simple ingredients here, surprising yummy flavor. Love the use of the
7. Veggie-Stuffed Mushrooms – another winner in our
stuffed-mushroom exploration. Frog Prince’s co-workers asked if he could bring
enough for all of them; the leftovers were that good!
6. Buttermilk Chicken with Sweet Tomato Relish – The relish alone
on this one was enough to warrant a top 10 slot. Paired with the chicken… yum!
5. Tortellini Primavera – Pioneer Woman’s recipe lightened up.
4. Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Squares – These banana bars are
chocked full of oats, qualifying them as a breakfast food, but sweet enough to
also count for dessert. Our little one LOVES these… minus the chocolate chips.
3. S’more Oatmeal Bars – These are a delightful dessert.
Campfire indoors anyone?
2. Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup – Love,
love, love this soup. We don’t do beef often, but when we do, it has to be a
delicacy. This qualifies for sure!
And, the winner…..
1. Bread Machine Cheese Bread – The best bread we’ve made in a
while. Awesome dipped in soups, or served with over-easy eggs, fantastic on
it’s own for a snack, or in a sandwich, this white-cheddar cheese stuffed bread
is out of this world good.
Have a happy and wonderful new year!