Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crockpot Apple Cobbler

Using my crockpot for dessert is something I am game to try. This apple cobbler dish goes together really quickly and has great flavor -- and goes deliciously well with vanilla ice cream!!


Crockpot Apple Cobbler

5-6 medium apples (I used a mix of varieties)
1 C granola
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 - 1/4 C honey (or brown sugar)
1 T butter, melted (you may be able to omit this)

Peel, core and slice apples. I use my apple peeler and slicer for this and it works like a charm. Spray the inside of your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray/oil. Place sliced apples in the crockpot, along with granola (we used our homemade) and cinnamon. Stir to combine.




Drizzle melted butter over the apples. Cover, and turn the crockpot on low. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I cooked mine on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 1 additional hour, and it worked just fine.
The first time you make this, you might want to be home so you don't burn your apple cobbler! Each crockpot is likely to be different.

Serve warm...

topped with ice cream!

Makes about 4 servings.

*Without ice cream, this might even qualify as breakfast :)

For more slow cooker recipes, visit Slow Cooking Thursday!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, yum!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try this.

    Renee'
    http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS SO YUMMY - I wanted to SMELL my computer screen LOL :) I can just imagine the warm apple goodness. THanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM, that looks good. I've got gobs of fresh homemade apple pie filling in my freezer! I know what I'll be doing with it tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so good! Thank you for sharing! Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so unbelievably delicious! Icannot wait to try it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally make that where I live!! I'm so excited!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, that looks yummy, I could eat some right now, even though I don't feel well LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am doing this tomorrow!! I'm going out right now for granola! That looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...