Frog Prince LOVES cherries. They are his favorite fruit. And, we love ice cream too -- so we thought we'd combine the two :)
This recipe is super easy and so tasty... hope you enjoy too.
Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream - Snow White
1/2 recipe cherry ice cream sauce
1 recipe vanilla ice cream (reduce vanilla to only 1/2 tsp)
1) Prepare cherry sauce -- make 1/2 batch without brandy
2) Set cherry sauce aside to cool -- either in the fridge or freezer while you make ice cream
3) Make vanilla ice cream as directed, except reduce vanilla to 1/2 tsp.
4) Just before ice cream is set, pour cooled cherry sauce into the ice cream and continue mixing for an additional 3-5 minutes.
5) Allow ice cream to "set" for a harder-scoop ice cream, or enjoy right away as a soft serve.
This makes 1.5 quarts (in our ice cream maker).
This recipe is linked to Grocery Cart Challenge's Friday Recipe Swap, Friday Feasts, Fight the Heat Friday, Ingredient Spotlight