Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lemon Broccoli



Food Network Chef's Challenge: #1

Our first chef for this challenge is Aaron McCargo Jr. I chose a recipe from him that's a wonderful side dish -- Lemon Broccoli Rabe.

We used regular broccoli, since that's what we had on hand, and it was delicious. I love the flavor combination of the lemon, garlic, pepper and cheese. Delicious.

Lemon Broccoli - Modified from Aaron McCargo Jr.
Click here for a printable copy!

3 C broccoli, chopped
1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tsp. lemon juice (or zest of 1 lemon)
1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
sea salt and fresh pepper

Bring water to a boil in a large kettle. Add broccoli and blanch for ~2 minutes. Drain.



While broccoli is blanching, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until the garlic begins to brown.



Add in drained broccoli and red pepper flakes. Saute for 1-2 minutes.



Add in Parmesan cheese, lemon, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for an additional 2-3 minutes.



Serve warm.



Photobucket
click the image to see the challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I am in a steamed veggies rut and need to add some variety. I like this because it's easy and has just a few ingredients (that I always have on hand).

    Thanks for participating in FNCCC. And I'll try to play with my camera setting to get some better food shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks excellent and healthy. I will be sure to keep this around when we have our garden brocolli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love broccoli! I do lemon and garlic in mine, but didn't think to add the Parmesan cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures. I made something too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...