Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sauteed Mushrooms

For as much as we love mushrooms, we rarely just eat them as a side dish with dinner.  But when we do, it's such a treat.  We love a simple mushroom saute.  Sometimes it's just with butter.  Other times, it's with Teriyaki sauce.  Either way, these are a delicious addition to any meal. 

Sauteed Mushrooms

1 T butter
12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a large stir-fry pan over medium heat.



Add sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to get crispy from the butter.





Serve atop chicken, steak, potatoes, or just by themselves. Yum.



*If you want to add Teriyaki, do so after mushrooms have cooked partially.

6 comments:

  1. Mushrooms are a GREAT!!! addition to even meal. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning my spelling is really bad. I have three grand-daughters laughing and having fun. I'm try to make cookies for our Saturday tea party. I wanted to say any meal, but typed even. Sorry for the mistake. Mushroom are GREAT!!! with addition to any meal. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mushrooms. They get their own food group as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious. I've never thought of putting teriyaki on mushrooms, but it sounds good. I'll have to try that. I'm so glad I found your blog, you have a ton of great recipes on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastically good. I have a real weakness for mushrooms and will be trying these really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...mushrooms are a great addition to just about anything....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...