Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stuffed Pretzels


Kristen had a wonderful idea for Pizza Stuffed Pretzels



Yum-o.

Pizza Stuffed Pretzels - Adapted from Kristen

~ 1 lb. dough (I used my Artisian bread)
Tomato paste
Italian Seasoning
Cheese, shredded
Turkey Pepperoni
Olive oil

Cut the dough into 4 parts and roll them out into thick pieces.



Slice the pepperoni into thin slices, and shred the cheese.



Spread each piece of dough with tomato paste, and top with pizza toppings.



Seal up the dough over the toppings.



Shape into a pretzel (see instructions on making a pretzel).

Measure out about 1 tsp. olive oil. Dip your finger in it and rub it over the pretzels. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the pretzel.





Bake at 425 for ~15 minutes until lightly browned.



Serve warm with marinara sauce or Red Pepper Soup for dipping.

9 comments:

  1. I dont know what I did wrong, but I was so EXCITED about this meal, and all of them were gross and feel apart and looked horrible :( maybe the dough wasnt thick enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds so yummy! Mmmmm Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, I can't even ever manage to make an edible soft pretzel and there you go stuffing one with deliciousness!

    I may have to give this one a whirl soon...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful! I haven't attempted my own bread dough yet, but this has me considering it!
    Thanks for sharing! On my way to check out the red pepper soup now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ran across Kristen's post about these earlier in the week, and I saved them to my favorites to try later! Yours look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea. This looks absolutely wonderful. I think I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is something I am going to have to try. Hubs will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried this recipe this evening for supper and LOVED it.

    Hope you don't mind but I've posted the recipe on my blog and linked it back to you.

    Thanx for the great recipe and keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...