Friday, October 30, 2009

Tidying the Kitchen

In recent news....

Remember my absent-mindedness that led to this highly burned pan?



Let me share with you... that after nearly 1 month of soaking... and trying a variety of tips and suggestions you left to help me out..., it is now clean!!

I tried the Bounce dryer sheet suggestion, which didn't seem to do much but make my kitchen smell like laundry.

I tried boiling dish soap.

I tried boiling baking soda... repeatedly. Almost daily for 2 weeks.

Then, I got annoyed and just let it sit in baking soda water.

My fabulous hubby even gave it a try... rubbing ever so gently, he managed to get a few more burned pieces off.

We scrubbed and scrubbed, and finally managed to have a usable pan again!



Lesson learned: don't get distracted by blogging when you're cooking. It's hazardous.

In other news... while I was sick in bed with the flu... a fun little package arrived for me in the mail!



My dehydrator! You guys convinced me to go with the dehydrator over the yogurt maker... so, that's what I did.

I'm in love with it already and cannot wait to try it out this weekend... provided this flu thing cooperates! I'm definitely making some dried apples, and apple fruit leather, but Taryn has enticed me to also try some croutons!

Thanks for such a great giveaway to Cookware.com, Sarah! I still can't believe I won!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon.

    I'm glad that the pan got clean. Mine too- just took forever.

    Enjoy the dehydrator. I can;t wait to see wait awesome things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! on your GREAT!!! win and getting your pan clean.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you finally got your pan all cleaned up! I know what you mean about getting distracted by blogging because it has happened to me too! So sorry to hear about the flu thing. I hope you are all better soon! Get lots of rest and let the blogging take care of itself for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit...you can fry the chips in vegetable oil as well...I use peanut oil for any frying I do, simply because it has a higher heat point and doesn't see to soak into the food as much as veggie oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the flu gets out of the way and allows you to have some fun with your new toy. I can't wait to see what goodies you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are feeling better and were able to salvage the pan. Great news about the dehydrator. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better really soon.

    Yay, the pan is clean! :) I don't know if I would have had that much patience. Have fun with your dehydrator! Can't wait to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great job on that pan. I would have never thought crotons in a dehydrater. Hope you are feeling better so you can play with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my- I just found this blog and LOVE food blogs and recipes! I'll be following from now on. :) I especially love making soups so I can't wait to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot more patience then I do, when I burn a pan beyond help, I just throw it out! Congrats saving your pan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...