Even though I find love cooking, much of the joy in my kitchen comes from being inspired by other bloggers and developing friendships with wonderful people from around the globe. Many of you has asked where I find my recipes -- I find them from bloggers.
I own just a handful of cookbooks... like less than 5! My recipes don't come from cookbooks -- my recipes come from real kitchens, not perfect ones. My recipes come from family and friends, old and new. Friends, like you.
I love reading your blogs, seeing yummy recipes and giving them a try in our kitchen, fitting them to our needs. Thank you for your creativity in the kitchen and for inspiring me to try new cooking adventures in my kitchen.
Over the past few
Thank you, Tiffanee
Thank you, Alison
Thank you, Chaya!
Thank you, Sherry!
Thank you, Sarah!
Many of these awards ask you to tell a little bit about yourself... neat facts, things that make you happy, etc. In honor of Valentine's Day, I'll share a little bit of both:
- I love being outside -- there's nothing like fresh air.
- When I can't be outside, I bring it in with me. Just ask my husband. I sleep with the windows open until the temp goes below 40.
- I'm a scientist finishing my PhD in ecology and my study ecosystem happens to be the college biology classroom
- I love swimming -- I was a synchronized swimmer for years, and a coach for a few years after that!
- I haven't eaten in a restaurant in about 2 years
- I love ice cream
- I "love" frogs. Not really - but my whole family seems to think I do. My hubby is nicknamed "Frog Prince" because he sent me to the hospital when he kissed me the first time (he ate nuts before he kissed me). My dad found this absolutely hilarious. Thus, he sent me a frog with a tag that read, "use caution when kissing, results may vary." That started the crazy obsession my family has with frogs, and my apparent "love" of them. Really, I just love one -- Frog Prince.
- I love winter sunshine
- I've lived in Alaska
- I've been in both the northern and southern hemisphere at the same time
- David Crowder Band music makes me smile
- I love my church
Now, I'd like to share these awards with blogs that inspire and encourage me. That's you.
Those of you who leave comments here, I have been to your blog. I try to either personally respond, or visit anyone who comments here, and I appreciate you. I appreciate your courage in the kitchen, your desire to feed your family well, and your passion to share your lives with others. I am encouraged by your willingness to try these crazy recipes, and to share your journey in the kitchen with me. Thus, I share these awards with you.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Thank you for showing my little blog so much love.