Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes

Have I mentioned we love sweet potatoes around here?  This morning, I made a new sweet potato pancake!


I put together all the dry ingredients the night before, so that my prep time in the morning would be cut down, and put the leftover pancakes in the freezer to use for weekday breakfasts.



Sweet Potato Pancakes - SnoWhite

1 1/4 C Whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon 
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 C honey (or brown sugar)
1 C buttermilk (1 C milk + 1 T vinegar)*
1 T applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 C sweet potato puree


Mix together the dry ingredients {I do this the night before}.



Then, mix the wet ingredients together (except sweet potato).

And, combine the two until moist.

Stir in the sweet potato puree.



Then, use a ladle to pour the batter onto a pre-heated griddle.



Cook until little bubbles appear and then flip.



Serve with sauted diced apples seasoned with cinnamon.


*You may need to add more milk, especially as the batter sits.... it becomes thick! Use the milk to thin it out.

This post is linked to:

8 comments:

  1. You have the best recipes, cant wait to try these. I love sweet potatos !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer sweet potato pancakes to regular ones these days! These look so inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I am going to try these. Love the sweet potato waffles! My son eats everything I make from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I found out about a contest for sweet potato recipes and thought you might be interested in entering it! I'm going to try to come up with something, but so far, I haven't spent much time thinking about it. It's worth giving it a shot!
    http://www.ncsweetpotatoes.com/bloggers-recipe-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fresh, original way to incorporate sweet potatoes into a recipe. I like your idea of prepping the night before!
    XX00

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound really good! Does it have a distinct sweet potato taste as I wonder if I can sneak it by my kids? :D

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea. My family is not so crazy about yam or sweet potato showing up in soups and whatnot, and though I've tried yam biscuits (and carrot pancakes), sweet potato pancakes is a recipe I have yet to try. And I just so happen to have a sweet potato sitting in my vegie drawer...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...