Monday, September 13, 2010

Cherry Blueberry Breakfast Cake



Sometimes I just don't want to clean the muffin tins.

Anyone else have those mornings?

I've found great success with making "muffins" into a cake -- less mess to clean, and I still get the enjoyable breakfast "muffin" taste!  This recipe is a simple modification of my blueberry breakfast cake recipe to include cherries.  We loved it.




Cherry Blueberry Breakfast Cake - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

3 T butter, softened
2 T applesauce
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 C sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C white wheat flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C blueberries
1 C cherries


Begin by creaming together the butter, sugar, applesauce egg and sour cream.  


Then, add in vanilla.  


Meanwhile mix the baking powder, soda and salt together.  Sift these ingredients with the two flours.  


Add slowly to the creamed mixture, and mix until moist.  


Then, stir in the blueberries and cherries.  


Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.  


Enjoy!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea to turn a muffin recipe into a cake recipe! - I agree that cleaning up muffin tins are not fun to do! :-)

    LOVE how this recipe has blueberries and cherries in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound good ... especially without the muffin tin cleanup ;)

    I just made the Pumpkin Granola I listed on my menu plan this week (minus the nuts) ... and it's definitely a winner. It has a subtle pumpkin flavor and smells/tastes wonderful. Love it when a new recipe works out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an ingenious idea!!! I have never thought about that, but I am right there with you on hating to clean the muffin tins! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta start adding cherries to things like this. I never do and it sounds wonderful!!

    I always hate to clean muffin pans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious! I'll be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coming here - you have the best recipes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...