Sunday, September 12, 2010

Menu Plan - September 12



Sometimes, weeks don't go as planned.

Okay -- most weeks don't go as planned.

Last week was no exception.

Sunday started out good -- but by Monday... well, the menu plan was out the window.

Sunday, we had yummy sweet potato waffles
with our favorite apple-y topping.


For lunch, we used up leftovers to make some 
spinach, mushroom, sausage and pepper quesadillas


For dinner, we had a delicious maple apple pork roast.  
Yum.  


And, dessert was some tasty zucchini cookies.  


Monday, we started out with blueberry muffins
{made with olive oil}


And, ended up having quesadillas again for lunch.  



I made our favorite minestrone soup in the afternoon, 
so we could enjoy it for lunches during the rest of the week.  


Then, since Frog Prince and I purchased a grill over the weekend, 
we decided to break it in on Monday by making BBQ ribs.



Complete with our own homemade cherry BBQ sauce.  



I'd say that was a good deviation from the menu.

Tuesday, we had leftover cinnamon rolls from my grandma for breakfast
and, we had so much roast left from the weekend, we had leftovers for dinner.

We enjoyed cinnamon zucchini cake for dessert



Then, I don't know what happened on Wednesday --
Frog Prince wasn't feeling well.
I forgot we had a department BBQ.
So we needed a quick dinner.

Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese with Broccoli was the dinner time saver.



Thursday is a crazy day at school for me
since I teach two biology labs back-to-back.
I started the day off with a heaping bowl of homemade granola and blueberries...



We had delicious sandwiches for lunch on our favorite sandwich bread



And for dinner - Frog Prince grilled up some delicious veggies so we could enjoy his favorite
Mixed Roasted Grilled Veggies and Pasta 



Friday was turned upside down.
In the morning, it appeared we'd be going to a division picnic for the science folks that I work with --
{plan A -- bring pickles and a dessert}.

By 12, the picnic was called off due to rain.
{plan B -- grilled pizza for dinner}.

By the time I got home, it was raining and we didn't feel like making grilled pizzas in the rain.
{plan C -- breakfast for dinner}.

veggie scramble,



hashbrown potatoes


with whole wheat buttermilk pancakes



It hit the spot.

Saturday, we went to talk to the counter-top guy -- and then went to look for a vaccum!
We were near my folks, so we stopped in for lunch.

BLTs and Zucchini Panckes
{recipe coming soon}



Then, we had my best friend from high school and her boyfriend over for dinner.
{Angie and I were synchronized swimming duet partners for years!}

We enjoyed - Wildrice Soup



No-Knead Fococcia Bread



and,
Cherry Apple Crisp.



Yes.  It was a crazy week.  The good news is -- having a meal plan helped me to know what ingredients I had in the house that we needed to use up, and God taught me more about being flexible and spontaneous.  Needless to say, I'm hoping this week's plan goes more smoothly!  

Sunday
B - Sweet Potato Waffles, Apple Topping
L - Clean out the fridge!
D - Neighborhood picnic
Dessert - Zucchini Cookies

Monday
B - Leftover Cherry Blueberry Cake {freezer}
D - Tuscan Lemon Chicken, Potato Pockets, Corn

Tuesday
B - Blueberry Pancakes {freezer}
D - Chicken Pot Pie

Wednesday
B - Leftover Pancakes
D - Potato Soup, crescent rolls

Thursday
B - Leftover cinnamon rolls {freezer}
D - Roasted Veggie Parmesan

Friday {Family Visit}
B - Apple Cranberry Granola
D - Grilling {hot dogs, brats, burgers}, wheat rolls, potato fries
Dessert - Cookies

Saturday
B - Christmas Eggs, oven potatoes
D - Steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, Lucy's dinner rolls

Snacks
Spiced Country Applesauce
Refrigerator Pickles
Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars
Dried Apples

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Even though your menu plan didn't go as "planned," I'm still over here drooling at all the yummy stuff you and Frog Prince ate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you shop for vacuums check out the dysons. We LOVE ours!!
    Happy you are breaking in the grill!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great week!

    and i must KNOW how do you cut your homemade bread that thin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been swimming in zucchini?! Everything looks yummy as always =) Hope this week is more scheduled for you, but spontaneous is always fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Heather --

    I wait until it's room temperature, or even colder (I store bread after a few days in the fridge so it doesn't mold) -- and use an Eversharp knife. Works like a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are potato pockets (on today's menu)? I'm always looking for new potato recipes!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though it wasn't exactly as planned, it looks like you had a great week! Congrats on the grill - that will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these pictures are making me hungry, but the mac and cheese with broccoli really got me! I'm so hungry for mac n cheese now!! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...