Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fluffy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes




Frog Prince's first words upon biting into these pancakes - "Man, these are cinnamony".


My first words, "These are so light and fluffy!".


We both loved them.


The recipe comes from The Sister's Cafe, and I adapted the recipe to make it a bit healthier for us.  First, I used white whole wheat flour, reduced the oil to 1 T and changed up the syrup quite a bit.  We'll certainly be making these again.


Fluffy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes - Adapted from The Sister's Cafe

Pancakes
2 eggs
2 C white whole wheat flour
1 C milk
1 C applesauce {we used homemade}
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 T (yes, Tablespoons) baking powder
1 T olive oil


Syrup
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 C corn syrup
heaping 1/3 C sugar
1/8 C water
1/2 C evaporated milk

Lightly beat the two eggs in a large bowl.


Add in the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, applesauce, oil and milk.  Stir until just moist.  Allow the batter to sit for just a few minutes while pre-heating your griddle to 350-375.



Use a soup ladle to spread the batter on the griddle.  Cook until a few bubbles form, and then flip.



While pancakes are cooking away, combine all the ingredients except the evaporated milk together in a saucepan.  Heat until sugar is dissolved and then bring to a slow boil for 1-2 minutes.



Remove from the heat and add in the evaporated milk.


Serve warm, fluffy, cinnamony pancakes to your family and friends.  They will love them.


Enjoy!


This post is linked is linked to: Sundae ScoopPotluck Sunday, Your Recipe, My Kitchen, Slightly Indulgent, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, URS

16 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, I could really go for a plate of those babies right now. How tempting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! These sound divine! I wonder if you could make them into waffles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamony? Light and fluffy? I'm sold! These sound wonderful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looks quote tasty. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look light,fluffy and oh so delicious!! I wish I could eat breakfast at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those look & sound sooo yummy! i think i'll be adding them to my meal plan SOOOOOOON :)

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these tonight for dinner and my family loved them. I didn't have evaporated milk so I took a shot with just milk but no luck. I mixed my mixture in with some local maple syrup and it was outstanding.
    PS - I blogged about you (it will post on Tuesday) today in my top 5 breakfasts. My son goes crazy for your Kris Kringles. Check it out.
    http://mylovehatewithpackinglunches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound awesome. I'm always on the lookout for a new pancake recipe :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Those pancakes look so good. Nothing like some yummy pancakes and syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet these would be great with an apple syrup, too. They sound delicious. I love using applesauce in baked/griddled(?) things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made these for dinner tonight....they were wonderful!!!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These were amazing! Made a double batch for dinner. Going to see how well they freeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your other posts about pancakes and remembered I hadn't told you I made these recently--they're my favorite pancakes because I really dislike when pancakes are not fluffy enough. These tasted amazing! Thanks for sharing your joy in cooking =)

    The only thing I changed, since I was running low on milk is that I added some plain yogurt to the milk to keep liquid levels the same and it turned out great. And we had some real maple syrup we enjoyed with them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love these --they are truly light and fluffy. However, every time I make them, I end up adding probably another 1/3 -1/2 cup of milk to the mix to thin them enough to cook. If I don't, they take forEVER to cook, they're so thick! Anyone else have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  15. These were so tasty! I made them for my kids so I skipped the syrup. They were a perfect hit for a rainy fall day. They requested I make them again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...