Sunday, February 27, 2011

Menu Plan - February 27



Last week, our menu was full of recipes that last the two of us days!  Sometimes an easy week of less cooking is fantastic.  Even for me.


Sunday we enjoyed a baked potato bar -- making our potatoes in the crockpot.  It was fantastic.  I loved having an easy dinner Sunday night... especially with all the SNOW.  Would you believe that Saturday night we could see all the grass in our yard?!?


Monday turned out to be a snow day.  For breakfast, we enjoyed Sweet Potato Baked Oatmeal.  Wow is all I can say.  Look for this recipe on Thursday.


For dinner, we made our favorite Lasagna with Veggies and paired it with a slice of yummy, sweet potato bread.  The pair was delicious -- look for the bread recipe this week too.


Tuesday I put a turkey breast in the crockpot before heading to campus.  Frog Prince made some amazing Buca Garlic Mashed Potatoes to go along with the turkey, and we added some green peas for color.  Delish.


Wednesday was leftover night #1: Lasagna.

Thursday morning we made French Toast out of a new sweet potato bread and enjoyed that as a nice change for breakfast.  We had leftovers again for dinner.


Friday, we decided to change up the menu a bit and try a new recipe using the turkey in our fridge along with a whole bunch of bell peppers we scored for $1!  It was a great stew and a new favorite around here.  Don't worry, I'll post this recipe soon too.


Saturday morning we made apple muffins.


The rest of Saturday I spent in the kitchen baking meals for friends of ours -- granola, three cheese ziti, chicken and brown rice bake, cinnamon raisin bread, and a special dessert.  It was a good baking day, and I'm so excited to deliver the food to the new parents.  I'm praying the food will be a blessing as they transition back to both of them working full time.


For dinner on Saturday, we enjoyed a delicious white bean garlic pizza.  I can't wait to share this recipe with you.  It was a great way to switch up a traditional pizza.


This week, my sister is staying with me, as Frog Prince is traveling {again} for work.  I joked that she should just move in for how much Frog Prince is on the road in the next month and has been since the beginning of 2011.  We are very blessed in so many ways, and this is just one way through which we can serve Him.  I'm looking forward to more time with my sister too.

Sunday
Brunch - Veggie Omelets, Applesauce
D - Island Chicken {new}, brown rice, veggies {new}
Dessert - Cherry Cream Cheese Cake {new}

Monday
B - Granola with blueberries
D - Leftovers

Tuesday
B - Scramble Melt, Broiled Grapefruit
D - Penne with Spinach and Chicken, broccoli
Dessert - Crockpot Apple Cake
{To do, make tortillas}

Wednesday
B - Granola and Yogurt
D - Pepper and Black Bean Quesadillas {new}
{To Do: Take bread out of freezer}

Thursday
B - Breakfast Wrap {new}, OJ
D - French Bread Pizza, steamed zucchini

Friday
B - Muffins {freezer}
D - Chicken and Barley Soup {new}, Bread
Dessert - Fruit-Filled Oatmeal Bars(?)

Saturday
B - Whole Wheat Bagels, Blueberry Cherry Preserve
L - Roasted Veggie Spread {new} on bagels
D - Veggie Rice, steamed broccoli

What are you most excited for on your menu this week?

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. How fun that you get to spend some extra QT with your sister! Enjoy your week -- it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SnoWhite,

    I just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying your site! Everything is laid out so nicely and easily accessible. I have been planning my weekly menu around your recipes and i have to say that we have LOVED every meal!! Thanks so much!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu looks yummy. I really need to try homemade bagels. I love making bread but have yet to make bagels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- very comprehensive!!! I am impressed. ;) I love the idea of baked pot's in the crock pot! I said "crock pot" to my Scottish friends yesterday and they just stared at me blankly until I realized they call them all slow cookers...I made the same mistake with pack n play, instead of calling it a travel cot. So funny how American brand names take over!!

    Anyway, thanks for a great site and for stopping by!

    Emily/Miss Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...