Thursday, March 31, 2011

Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal


Because apples and cranberries make a perfect pair.

Because I had cranberries in my freezer that needed to be used.



Because I love a wholesome, yummy breakfast.

Because I wanted to sleep in and not get up earlier to make said breakfast.


Because I love my husband, who loves baked oatmeal.

Because, I felt creative.


I introduce -- Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal.


Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal

3 C Old Fashioned oats
1/2 C honey
1 T cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 C milk
1 egg
1/2 C applesauce {unsweetened}
2 tsp. vanilla
2 medium apples, chopped
1/2 - 1 C cranberries

In a large bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.


Mix in the egg, milk, applesauce, vanilla and honey.


Stir well.

Fold in the chopped apples and cranberries.



Pour mix into a lightly greased 8x8 or 9x9 glass baking dish.  Alternatively, pour into a 9x13 baking dish (for a shorter baking time).


Cover and store in your fridge over night.

In the morning, bake the oatmeal mixture at 350 for ~40-45 minutes if you're using a 9x9 or 8x8 pan.  Bake for 20-30 minutes if you're using a 9x13 baking dish.


Bake until lightly browned and the center is set.


Serve warm.

Enjoy.

Just because.


Photobucket


Linked to: Foodie Friday, Mangia Monday

12 comments:

  1. Looks delicious...it would go great with my coffee right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a yummy breakfast! The apples and cranberries sound great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful!! I really need to try this one.
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a keeper! I'm always looking for something hardy for breakfast, yet easy and lower calories and fat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combination of apple and cranberry. This looks good and pretty healthy too. Thanks for sharing. I am anxious to try this one.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. why have i not baked oatmeal yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious and healthy treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baked oatmeal too but don't make it often enough. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been reading lots of recipes for baked oatmeal lately and meaning to make it while the weather's still cold. This looks lovely. I like the tartness of the cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, my tastebuds are doing the little wave dance right now. This sounds delish. I'm whipping up a batch of this tonight, & hope I can wait for the morn! Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh.my.gosh, snowhite! this looks soooo good! i think i'm going to make it for breakfast tomorrow!!!!

    thanks for linking up to mangia mondays, again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. is it a must to leave this in the fridge overnight? please advise! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...