Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Whole Wheat Waffles

I wish I had a great story to tell about these waffles. 

But I don’t. 

We made them last week and really enjoyed them. 

I thought you might too. 

They were amazing topped with our favorite topping: Maple Apple Sauté

Whole Wheat Waffles

Ingredients

  • 1 C white whole wheat flour
  • 1 C whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs (may use 1 egg + 1 egg white)
  • 3 C buttermilk
  • 2 T olive oil (or melted butter)

Directions

Combine 2 C whole wheat flour (we used 1 C white whole wheat and 1 C red wheat) with 1 tsp. baking soda and 2 tsp. baking powder.  Add in a pinch of salt. 

Next, add in 1 egg + 1 egg white, 3 C of buttermilk and 2 T olive oil.  Whisk well. 

Preheat your waffle iron and make according to waffle maker directions.  We find using a soup ladle works really nicely to add the batter to the waffle maker. 

Serve warm. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Margie Huddleston margie@thehuddlestons.orgApril 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM

    Hi there! I just made your waffles for my family for lunch(because bfast for lunch is fun for kids!) and topped them with raspberries and homemade whipped cream. We all loved this waffle recipe! Thanks for sharing it here. I'm embracing King Arthur's wheat flours now, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know how much your family enjoyed the recipe. Raspberries and whipped cream sound like a delightful topping :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...