With school starting back up for spring semester, I am reminded of our need for fast dinners that are filling and healthy too.
Frog Prince actually dreamed up this beauty, and it’s delicious.
Best parts: It’s ready in 30 minutes, and it uses just one pan. That’s a win in our book.
- 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 6-8 oz. spinach tortellini (we used refrigerated)
- 3-4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
Begin by sautéing the mushrooms and peppers together in a large skillet over medium heat. If you normally need olive oil, add a little here to sauté. You’ll know you’re done when the liquid released from the mushrooms is evaporated.
Add in the tomatoes (undrained) and tomato sauce along with the uncooked tortellini.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, while the tortellini cooks. Stir frequently. If needed, add in up to 1/2 C water as the tortellini cooks.
Remove from the heat and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Serve warm with steamed veggies.