Sunday, January 5, 2014

Menu Plan - January 5

Hello winter!  Here we are in full swing as we kick off 2014.  So far, I think I’ll spell it as C.O.L.D.  Really cold.  Tonight, we dip 27 degrees below zero; that’s colder than a freezer, FYI. 

To “celebrate” the cold, we made a turkey.  Yes, Thanksgiving in January.  And, leftovers all week.  Yum. 

Breakfasts
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes with Apple Sauté
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
Granola
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches

Sunday

Turkey, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Wild Rice Stuffing, Buttercup Squash

To do: make broth

Monday

Turkey Noodle Soup, crackers

To do: Nothing!

Tuesday

Broccoli Hotdish

To do: Make French Bread, cook bacon

Wednesday

Leftovers

To do: Nothing

Thursday

Kentucky Hot Browns

To do: Thaw Italian Sausage, slice veggies for soup

Friday

Crockpot Italian Sausage Soup {new}

Saturday

Chili with Friends! 

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I cannot imagine it getting that cold. Is it save to leave the house or does everything shut down? We hardly get snow where I live. When it does, even a little bit, the city practically shuts down. I am fine with that as I don't know how to drive it in anyway. Menu looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kentucky Hot Browns look really interesting. I'll have to give them a try. Here's my MPM:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/01/menu-monday-1614.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. A turkey dinner sounds really good! That's a great idea! I have a turkey in the freezer. That would definitely warm the house up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...