Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Raspberry Blueberry Banana Muffins


A simple, fantastic breakfast (or afternoon snack).

Bananas.
Raspberries.
Blueberries.
Applesauce.
Whole Wheat Flour.
Honey.  


The list of goodness in these muffins just grows and grows.  Hope you enjoy them too.  



Raspberry Blueberry Banana Muffins - Inspired by Bake for Happy Kids

1 C white whole wheat flour
1 C whole wheat flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C honey
1 medium overripe banana, mashed
2 eggs
1/4 C applesauce
1/2 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C blueberries
1 C raspberries

Begin by combining the flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.


Mash up the banana.



Add to the mashed banana, the applesauce, eggs, milk and vanilla.  Stir well.


Mix the moist ingredients together with the dry ones.


Then, stir in the berries.


Scoop into lightly greased muffin tins; fill 2/3 of the way full.



Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, and muffins are lightly browned on the top.


Makes 12 muffins + 1 mini loaf


Linked to: Made from Scratch Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Muffin Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Your Recipe, My Kitchen, Ingredient Spotlight, Ingredient Spotlight2

11 comments:

  1. These look delicious!! And I bet they are super moist with all that fruit! Yummy. I'm going to try these next time I have bananas in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, your muffins look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sounds wonderful! Love how many healthy, yummy things are in them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These muffins look so moist and tasty! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/strawberry-muffins-with-a-sweet-topping

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a blueberry banana muffin that is similar and I love it. Love the addition of raspberries! This is my type of muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! These would be perfect for breakfast!! I am having a Baking Linky Party if you would like to come and link them up!

    Http://twomaidsamilking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower, and you are already, hands down, my favorite food blog. I love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of all your muffins! I so want some! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Done! These look great! I hear my stomach asking for some!!! I'm going to Stumble this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! I love the bananas and honey -- I've never made them like that before! Definitely bookmarking these! YUM!!!

    Thank you so much for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gahlee! Those look so good. I'm sure my husband would love these - carbs loaded with tons of fruit (carbs for me, fruit for him :P)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...