As much as I love the turkey on Thanksgiving day, I think the side dishes are the real reason I love Thanksgiving so much!
Our family tradition is to make a wild rice stuffing – and it is amazing. Whole wheat bread, onions, celery, wild rice and amazing seasoning. It doesn’t get any better than this dish right here.
Sweet potatoes are a traditional Thanksgiving side dish and this casserole is wonderful. So good it doubles as dessert.
What Thanksgiving table is complete without the famed Green Bean Casserole?!
This dish is fantastic when you use fresh green beans and make your own cream of mushroom soup. You won’t ever go back to the canned soup again. If you’d like – toss this dish in the crockpot. Or, if you’re not a fan, try herbed green beans.
We also find winter squash on our table each year; it’s a favorite of mine. Acorn, Butternut and Buttercup all mixed into one bowl make for a great side dish. We even make ours in the crockpot.
Grandma’s Mashed Potatoes also make an appearance. Yep – the same Grandma that makes the delicious bread also make some famous mashed potatoes. If you’re looking for something a little different – try twice baked potatoes, or buttermilk mashed potatoes. Save the leftovers (I have two yummy recipes to share with you!).
My Mother-In-Law introduced us to this delicious cranberry Jello – and it’s appeared on our table many times since then!
More scrumptious side dishes include:
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Jessica
- Cheesy Broccoli & Carrots by 52 Mantels
- Corn Fritters by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Cornbread Stuffing by Rhubarb & Honey
- Cranberry Relish by What Megan’s Making
- Slow-Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples by What Megan’s Making
- Sweet Potatoes & Apples in a Caramel Sauce by C Mom Cook
- Mom’s Jello Salad by Rhubarb & Honey
- Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes by Recipe Girl
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Apples & Brussels Sprouts by Reeni
- The Best Macaroni and Cheese on Earth by Love, Life & Librarianship
What are your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes?
Don’t forget to join us for the rest of the week --
Monday – Best Breads for Thanksgiving
Tuesday – Best Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
Wednesday – Best Turkey Recipes
Thursday – Best Dessert Recipes