Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crockpot Tuscan Chili

I live in the frozen north – and 99.9% of the time I love it.  When it’s –16 degrees outside, though… then I think I’m crazy for living here. 

And, all I want to eat is something warm. 

This chili hit the spot. 

Simple to make and a fun flavor too.  Perfect for a cold day. 

Crockpot Tuscan Chili – Adapted From Kraft

Ingredients

  • 1/2 lb. ground Italian Turkey Sausage
  • 3 T minced onion
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 medium orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
  • 1/2 C tomato sauce
  • 1 can (15 oz) Great White Northern Beans, rinsed & drained
  • 1/2 tsp. basil
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • Mozzarella cheese

Directions

Place ground Italian turkey sausage in the bottom of a crockpot.  Add in 3 T minced onion and then stir in the bell peppers. 

Add in a can of diced tomatoes, undrained.  Stir in 1 small can of tomato paste and 1/2 C tomato sauce and 1 can of beans. 

Then add in the herbs.

Stir well. 

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 

Serve topped with Mozzarella Cheese. 

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks delicious! I'm totally NOT a warm weather girl, but I agree - these freezing temps are crazy. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks perfect for these crazy-cold days! I think I almost have everything I need to make this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy. I am going to try it tomorrow! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you brown the turkey sausage before putting it in the crockpot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hear you on being cold! It's been in the single digits here with windchill and I walk about 2 miles a day at school...so I'm THAT girl who looks like she's ready to go sledding. I really want to make a crockpot something so thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! For winter here, I always look like I'm ready to go sledding :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...