I live in the frozen north – and 99.9% of the time I love it. When it’s –16 degrees outside, though… then I think I’m crazy for living here.
And, all I want to eat is something warm.
This chili hit the spot.
Simple to make and a fun flavor too. Perfect for a cold day.
Crockpot Tuscan Chili – Adapted From Kraft
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian Turkey Sausage
- 3 T minced onion
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1/2 C tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) Great White Northern Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Mozzarella cheese
Place ground Italian turkey sausage in the bottom of a crockpot. Add in 3 T minced onion and then stir in the bell peppers.
Add in a can of diced tomatoes, undrained. Stir in 1 small can of tomato paste and 1/2 C tomato sauce and 1 can of beans.
Then add in the herbs.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve topped with Mozzarella Cheese.