Mushrooms! Who’s with me – awesome, right?
I know some folks have a strong dislike of mushrooms. If that’s you – have you tried baby bella mushrooms? Or, mushrooms cooked and not raw/from a can? There is no comparison.
And, they’re amazing for you too, mushrooms…
- are a great source of Vitamin D. In fact, they are the only food-based source of this essential vitamin.
- are filling, but low in calories which make them a great add-in to meat-based dishes (e.g., sloppy joe’s, burgers, etc).
- boost the immune system by helping mature immune system cells.
- have antioxidant levels that match the red bell pepper!
- have high levels of vitamin B, which help boost your metabolism.
Here are our favorite ways to eat mushrooms:
How do you enjoy mushrooms?
Don’t forget to visit next week when we feature a double spotlight: cream cheese & fruit.