Monday, July 27, 2009

What's Cooking?

This week will be an exciting one, here in our tiny apartment kitchen :)

It's our 2 year anniversary!!!  And, as part of our special day, I'm going to try to recreate our wedding dinner.  I picked up on this fun idea from FishMama, over at Life as Mom, who hosts Ultimate Recipe Swap each Thursday, and I'm really excited to do so!



For our special day, we'll be cooking up.... homemade pasta noodles, alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, broccoli and garlic bread (or bread sticks)!  Then, to top off the meal, we'll be remaking (okay, not this pretty)



our wedding cake! We had a wonderful friend make our cake (which was awesome because I knew it was nut-free and I could enjoy it without worry), and she was so kind as to share her frosting recipe with us, so we can make a small cake to enjoy together!  I make no promises that my cake will even closely resemble hers -- in fact, I'm not going to try -- but it will be tasty. 

For the rest of the week, we're cooking up new recipes, especially those with blueberries and zucchini because these are in-season for us right now:

Berry-Filled Whole Wheat Crepes

Zucchini Parmesan

Broccoli Hotdish

Blueberry Parfaits

Whole wheat blueberry pancakes

Crockpot Apple Bacon Pork Chops (with sauteed zucchini and mushrooms)

Lemon Blueberry Scones

Chocolate Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins

Pepperoni and Mozzarella Panini* (I'm looking for a good bread to make this Panini on... any recommendations?)

Quesadillas

Carrot and Zucchini Creamy Hotdish

Blueberry Rhubarb Crisp


Enjoy your week in the kitchen!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious week. About the braided bread - I've done lots of different recipes that way. It is a fun way to make things more fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to celebrate an anniversary by remembering your wedding day with food. I'd have to call my Mom to even remember what it was we ate at ours all those years ago. :)

    I have a fridge full of zucchini right now, so I look forward to seeing those zucchini recipes. As far as the panini sandwiches go, I know I've seen panini bread at our grocery store. It looks a little flatter and denser than regular bread, but I've never tried it before so I don't know if it's any good. I used ciabatta rolls when I made it, but they were a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 2nd anniversary!! That's so exciting!!! I love your meal idea complete with the cake! Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on two years! Big stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...