Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In-Season Recipe Swap: Blueberries


Blueberries are my favorites. Ever. I love them plain. I love them in baked goods. I love them on ice cream. I love them fresh off the bush in the bog. I just love them. These delicious lemony scones are a perfect summer morning treat!



Lemon Blueberry Scones - Mom's Kitchen


2 C flour (you can likely use a little whole wheat)

1/3 C sugar

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 (8oz) carton of lemon yogurt (do not use Whips-type yogurts)

1 egg, lightly beaten (may use egg white)

3-4 T olive oil

1 tsp. grated lemon peel (or you may add about 1/2 tsp. lemon juice)

1 C fresh or frozen blueberries


Glaze (optional):

1 T lemon juice

1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel

1/2 C powdered sugar



In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil and lemon peel. Stir wet ingredients into dry ones until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.




Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.



Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes or until slightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients, and drizzle over warm biscuits. Enjoy!


---


We also love blueberry cake, blueberry syrup, oatmeal blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, berry crisp, blueberry nectarine buckle, crockpot berry cobbler, blueberry-filled oatmeal bars, and so many more that I can't wait to try!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...