Thursday, July 14, 2011

Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know everyone has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.


Everyone but me.


I just don't have one.

Truly.

I love my mom's recipe.
I love my grandmother's recipe.
I love the chocolately chocolate chip cookies from my friend, Kim.
I love the Olympic chocolate chip cookies from Taryn.

While I love all these, I'm still on the quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie.


And, these, friends, are in the running.


Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Best Light Recipes from Cook's Illustrated

1/2 C white whole wheat flour
3/4 C all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 T unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C light brown sugar, packed
1/2 C dark chocolate chips

Start by whisking together the white whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.


Lightly cream the softened butter.  Then add in the egg, vanilla and brown sugar.  Cream until smooth. 


Add in the flour and continue mixing until well-blended. 


Add in 1/3 C of the dark chocolate chips.  


mmm.  cookie dough. Snitch if you must... but I do have to say, I love our eggless cookie dough for a treat!


Scoop out 12 cookies per cookie sheet.  You'll end up with 24 cookies (about 2 T dough each).  Place the dough balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet; or, freeze some dough balls to save for later!  

{Please excuse the mess... just keeping it real}

Using the remaining chocolate chips, place 2-3 chocolate chips on the top of each dough ball.

Then, place the cookie sheets in an oven pre-heated to 350.  Bake one cookie sheet at a time, for ~10 minutes until the center is just set.


Enjoy these yummy cookies -- with 3.5 less grams of fat than a regular cookie. You won't even know those 3.5g of fat are gone.

These were a great road-trip cookie!  They lasted us all 12 days... although they were best within the first 6 days of our journey.

Linked to: URS, Full Plate Thursday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Your Recipe, My Kitchen

14 comments:

  1. Are these more chewy or more crispy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ LivingABonaFideLife - they are chewy for the first few days, and they got more and more crispy post-baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look good- but if I made anything other than Olympic cookies at this house I would be ostracized! = ) glad you like them too. Even if they are not your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. skinny and yummy!? count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these this afternoon! I doubled the recipe so that I could stock my freezer. Mine did not flatten out like yours did although my dough balls were the same size as yours. Mine were MUCH fatter cookies. They had a bit of a flour-y taste, but still very good. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum
    So now I can eat twice as many !:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look great! i am always looking for something with less fat!
    Erin
    http://eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look good! and you can eat more since they're "healthier!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never have too many good chocolate chip cookie recipes. Love that they are lower fat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh... I can't wait to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sno White,
    What a great healthy treat. I am all for that and such a good recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, don't really have a favorite cc cookie recipe. I like too many to declare a winner! I saw these in this book, but haven't gotten to make them yet. I will have to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well there is no way this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. If it were the best, it'd be impossible for them to last that long, pfft. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...