Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Grilled Zucchini Pizzas

If you find yourself with some zucchini left on the vine too long, this is a great way to use them.  Of course, you might consider making bread, dark chocolate cupcakes or cherry cheeseburger zucchini boats – heck, if the zucchini is large enough, you could make them all! 

Slice the zucchini, grill the base and then top them with delicious pizza toppings. 

Easy & delicious. 

Grilled Zucchini Pizza – Inspired by Gina’s Skinny Taste

Ingredients

  • 1 –2 very large zucchini
  • 1/4 C pizza sauce
  • Pepperoni
  • Cheese

Directions

Slice the zucchini into rounds that are 1/2-inch to 1-inch thick. 

Lightly brush each ring with olive oil. 

Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side over medium heat. 

Then, top with pizza sauce, and your favorite toppings. 

Close the lid of the grill to allow the cheese to melt. 

Enjoy!

Refrigerate leftovers – they are best eaten the day you make them, or the following day. 

Also – today is my parent’s wedding anniversary!!  Happy birthday, you two love birds.  Congratulations.

5 comments:

  1. I never saw zucchini that BIG before! I love these pizzas! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Awesome idea! So making this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo we love zucchini pizzas! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment and thanks for the prayers. We are doing well. I hope you guys are too! I'm way too behind on keeping up with your blogs. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great use of those crazy big zucchinis that you inevitably end up with each summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a humongous zucchini just a couple of days ago, I didn't know what to do with it so I gave it to my chickens. Next time Ill use it, thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...