Do you have an olive oil sprayer like a Misto at your house? I’ve had ours for about a year now, and up until July, it had been working quite well.
Then, it started spraying a stream of olive oil. Which, to me was still better than an aerosol-filled spray.
But, it wasn’t the spray my Misto had delivered before.
Thus, we embarked on a clean –a detox if you will, for your Misto.
And, I’m happy to report, our Misto has a nice fine mist of olive oil now!
You will need:
1/3 C vinegar
3/4 C hot water + more hot water (divided)
1 squirt of dish soap
To clean, follow these simple steps:
- Dump out any remaining oil in your Misto.
- Pour in 1/3 C vinegar.
- Spray away until you’ve passed all 1/3 C of that vinegar through the Misto. This helps break up the oil.
- Place one squirt of dish soap into 3/4 C hot water. No need to mix, just squirt it in.
- Pour the soap/water mix into the Misto & spray away.
- Rinse with hot water.
- Pour in more hot water and continue spraying until the stream is clear and there is no more soap.
- Set the pieces out to dry.
When dry, refill and use as directed.
Do you have a Misto or other oil spraying product? How do you like it?
Linked to: Kitchen Tip Tuesday