Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello 2013.

Dear readers – thank you so much for making last year what it was around Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  I appreciate all of you so very much, and your comments and Facebook conversations mean so much. 

Finding Joy in My Kitchen

I appreciate your readership, and want you to know that my commitment to keeping things real, sharing recipes that use everyday, “normal” ingredients remains as we head into 2013. 

My photos will remain un-staged – what you see is what you see!  As you make these recipes in your kitchen, I want you to have a realistic image of what the food looks like. 

And, I need you to know – we don’t waste any food.  We actually eat (or share) everything we post here on Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  We are a leftover family and most of the time like leftovers even better than the first night. 

We give a portion of our blog income to Feed My Starving Children regularly. 

We believe one of the best gifts you can give someone is food, and since we have so much and I blog about it constantly, I want to share that blessing with others.

These things will not change in 2013.  I’ll continue to share Friday Favorite Finds, Kitchen Tips, Menu Plans, and more healthy, easy recipes that will help you find JOY in your kitchen.  You can bet, we’ll Countdown to 2014 next December. 

But, some things will change in 2013. 

  • My recipe index is updated! See it here.
  • There will be layout changes and visual changes to the blog to make things easier to find & use for you, the reader.
  • There will be new adventures and new collaborations. 

Since I don’t have a new recipe for you today, I thought I’d share a wintertime favorite: Cheese Crusted Lasagna Soup.  Think amazing lasagna soup, poured over a bed of cheeses at the bottom of your bowl.  Click here for the recipe

Thanks for making 2012 so wonderful!  Can’t wait to share 2013 with you too!

What would you like to see more of here this year? 

22 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Those commitments you shared are precisely why I enjoy your blog. I like looking at FOOD on a blog, not an elaborately staged work of art! I'm excited about the enhancements you're making this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cassie! I'm so glad you're enjoying reading here. That makes my day.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! Thank you for your commitment to provide healthy, real, exciting recipes for us all to enjoy. Your dedication to serving Christ through food and your blog is a real blessing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My goal is to serve Him through all that I do -- it's an honor to do so.

      Delete
  3. I love that your food photos are unstaged! It's one of the things that drew me to this blog: "Hey I can do that!" as opposed to being overwhelmed by all the glossy pictures of food I could never hope to make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you feel inspired and encouraged that yes, you too can do this!! Thanks for sharing that with me.

      Delete
  4. Ditto Colean! I LOVE that as well. Having taking a food photography course, I know what's behind the camera and what's not realistic in cooking. Mine are always taken with my little PNS (point-n-shoot) or my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful you appreciate the realness :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your blog so much! You make me feel like everything is do-able. Thank you for being so down to earth & committed to healthier eating {that isn't unrealistic}. Looking forward to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haley! I am so glad that you enjoy reading here -- I hope that you'll be able to put your new mixer to good use with some of these recipes! The dough hook is amazing, by the way :)

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! Just stopping in to say I love the new layout. Thanks for being real-I appreciate your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2013! I love your site. I've started using white whole wheat flour because of you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot!!! Go white whole wheat flour. Isn't it the best? I'm so glad that you dove in and tried it!

      Delete
  8. I visit your blog often to find ideas for my weekly meal plans. I can always count on some wonderful ideas and I especially love that you have breakfast, bunch and snack ideas and not just dinner. I appreciate that you modify recipes to make them healthier so I don't have to worry about doing it myself. I love your blog...thank you so much for all the work you put into it!









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. Thank you for the encouraging words! I have some fun new snack ideas coming soon -- stay tuned.

      Delete
  9. And you just named all the reasons I love your blog :) Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. I love your blog and I'm so thankful to have "met" you through this wonderful world of food blogging :)

      Delete
  10. Thank YOU for always being so inspirational! I always love stopping by here to see what you've cooked up. It's always so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Joanne -- thank you. You are one of the first blogs I started reading way... way back! I appreciate seeing your comments whenever they appear. And, I love reading your amazing blog.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for all you do! I read your blog every day and I LOVE it!! I started using white whole wheat flour as well and you know what, you can hardly tell a difference! My husband thought it was funny how often I would say I got this new recipe from this blog and I can't wait to try it. He doesn't laugh anymore since he enjoys everything I have made so far! Keep up the GREAT work!!

    Katie from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you have started using White Whole Wheat flour too! The grind is so fine, you are right -- you can hardly tell a difference. I laughed at your comment from your husband ... I've heard that a lot lately from a few friends as well. I'm so glad you're enjoying the recipes, and it sounds like, finding JOY too :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...