Sunday, May 30, 2010

Menu Plan - May 31



Has a week really gone by already?!  One week ago, we celebrated my sister's college graduation with an open house -- 75 people came and we fed them all :)


Then, we watched LOST :)  

The rest of the week was so busy looking at houses every day!  Earlier in the week we thought we found a house -- we loved the layout, but the commute was just a little too far.  And... the house, might have been haunted .... No thank you.


Then, we found another house that gave both Frog Prince and I what we'd like in a house, but we didn't feel like God was leading us to that house either.

During all that craziness, I can't really recall everything that we ate... but, here are some of the things on our menu:

Italian Turkey Sandwiches
(new)



(we made 6 batches for my sister's open house!)







Fruit Dip and Fruit
(new)



Dill Dip and Veggies
(new)



Rhubarb Cake
(new)



Chocolate Cookie Dough Brownies
(new)














(with fresh tomatoes!)




 

Grilled Pizza
(new) 




 

This week, it's back to the drawing board.  And, the praying board.  We have about a week to find something before the time is too crunched.  So... we're praying and continuing to look.  We know that if God is leading us towards a house, that He will provide something for us. 

Sunday
B - Granola with blueberries
D - Penne with sausage and broccoli

Monday
B - Granola with raspberries
L - BBQ sandwiches, whole wheat rolls, {dinner with grandparents!}
D - Burgers on the grill {beef; black bean - new!}, corn, fresh fruit
Dessert - Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake

Tuesday
B - Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes, strawberry syrup
L - Grilled ham and cheese on rye bread (new), steamed broccoli
D - Brown Rice Casserole, veggies

Wednesday
B - Leftover pancakes
D - Pasta Primavera (new)

Thursday
B - Veggie Scramble, OJ
D - Sweet Potato Risotto

Friday
B - Lemon Blueberry Scones
L - Tuna Zucchini Burgers (new)
D - Steaks on the grill, potato packets, green beans

Saturday
B - Waffles, fresh fruit
L - Grilled Pizza 
D - Laura's Ugandan Dinner!

Enjoy your week!

5 comments:

  1. Wow all your food looks so good. As always. Once again, I wish you lived down the road. Then I could just conveniently show up at your house on days when I like the way the menu looks (which would only be the days that end in Y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grilled pizza looks good! I haven't decided yet how I feel about the Lost finale. I have watched every episode since the beginning and I do hate to see it end! I think I need to rewatch it to see if I got everything. I love that they resolved relationships but I am still not finding all my questions answered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just overwhelmed by all of the great foods on your menu from last week and for this week! There are so many good dishes :) I am looking forward to your new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Incredible week. Looks like your recall was pretty good! I wouldn't want a possible haunted house either! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a crazy week and yet you still found time to blog. I'm impressed! :)

    By the way, everything looks delicious (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...