Saturday, July 23, 2011

Travels… and food

Frog Prince and I have been back for about a week now from our big summer trip.  And, by big, I mean 4 states, 2 countries, and 2000+ miles in 11 days. 

Key to our travels was our cooler full of yummy and healthy foods.  Being on the road that long can be challenging for eating well {and avoiding allergens}, although we are happy to report no allergy issues while we traveled. 

Rhubarb Blueberry & Rhubarb Pineapple Fruit Leathers

We packed:

These snacks and healthy lunch/dinner options traveled really well and satisfied us on our long car drives. 

Berry Smoothie FroYo

I’ve spent the past couple of days going through all our photos and putting together a Shutterfly photo book.  Oh… I’m loving it.  Here are a few teaser photos – more to come, with a special giveaway announcement!

Frog Prince & I in the garden

Frog Prince and I after dinner out

2 comments:

  1. Nothing beats good homemade snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Glad you guys had a great time and that the food packed so well! :) Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...