Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches

This delicious dinner is something unique at our house.  We don’t often eat meat, let alone beef.  But, when we do, I love having ways to cook it in our crockpot.

 
We’ve made Swiss Steak, Boeuf Bourguignon, Broccoli Beef & Philly Cheesesteaks  in the crockpot.  But, Frog Prince has asked for French Dip Sandwiches time and time again.  Since I don’t think I’ve ever had one, I didn’t know what to look for in a recipe.  But, this one caught my attention {and made my Friday Favorite Finds!} due to the addition of a good, dark beer. 

Since I don’t have a whole lot to compare it to, I can’t say if it’s a French Dip Sandwich or not, but I can say that it’s good

Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches – Adapted from Shugary Sweets

Ingredients

  • 3 lb. beef roast (rump roast recommended)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. Grill Seasoning
  • 1 T minced onion
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • a few cranks of sea salt & black pepper
  • 1 C beef broth
  • 12 oz. dark beer
  • Cheese, cheddar or provolone
  • Hoagie Buns {like these}

Directions

Place the roast into your crockpot.  Season with the garlic, onion, salt, pepper and grill seasonings.  Then, add the broth and the beer to the crockpot.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. 

Carefully remove the beef and attempt to slice it… you may have better luck shredding it. 

Then, strain the au jus sauce. 

Serve the meat atop your favorite hoagie bun (we love these Italian Herb Rolls), with cheese. 

Serve the au jus on the side for dipping. 

Save the leftover au jus for stew or soup – the beer gives it a little something different. 

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks SO good! We've made the French Dip sandwiches from Our Best Bites (I think they are Crock Pot friendly, too) and they turned out yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love french dips! This one looks quite tasty and the beer in the jus intrigues me. I know a husband of mine who would be happy as heck with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. French dips are my favorite thing to order when we go out to eat so I can't wait to try this recipe! Looks delicious and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love french dips and my crock pot so I cannot wait to try this one out. Looks simple and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! French dips are delicious so this recipe will be be good to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crockpot recipes have been just the ticket lately! We've been using our crockpot a ton lately due to a busy month, so it's been great to discover some new recipes. Thanks - this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really good! I hate the flavor, smell and pretty much everything about beer. Is there something I could substitute for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Martha A -

    You can just use more beef broth, and likely toss in some beef bouillon for extra flavor. I'd up the grill seasonings too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...