Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Best Summer Recipes

I've never participated in a WFMW, but when I saw the theme this week, I couldn't pass it up! This week, everyone is sharing their best summer recipes.

Here's a few that work for me in the summer:

Lemon Blueberry Scones
-- nothing says summer to me like fresh blueberries in a lemony batter, fresh out of the oven, eaten out on the deck in the morning sunshine!


Zucchini, Carrot and Blackbean Quesadillas - I love not having to heat up the kitchen to make these garden-filled lunches!



Pasta and Zucchini - This recipe is our new favorite! It's such an easy dish to prepare and full of summer veggies. Eat it warm the first night, and you can have leftovers chilled or warmed back up again :)



Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini Bake
- while you do have to use your oven for this one, I just can't pass up the brightly colored summer peppers in this dish that we love so much. If you grill your peppers, then you only need to heat your oven to 350 (rather than heat to 500 to roast them in the oven).



Spinach and Pepper Pizza - pizza is great year round, but this pizza is perfect for a light summer dinner. To make it even better, you can grill it and you don't have to heat up your oven :)




And, of course, what would summer be without desserts!?!

Homemade Ice Cream -- our favorite summer dessert! Perfect with cherry ice cream sauce, or topped with fresh raspberries and/or strawberries!


Cherry Ice Cream -- when you live in a cherry-producing part of the country, and cherries are your hubby's favorite fruit, then you make cherry ice cream! This ice cream is perfect to enjoy on the porch on a summer evening.



Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake -- Yum-O. Enough said.



No-Bake Mint Chocolate Crunch - need a chocolate fix, but don't want to heat up your oven? Try these. My mom is famous for these.



Orange-Pineapple Sherbet - delicious and refreshing. You could likely add some Sprite or Ginger Ale to this and enjoy it as a slushy!



Blueberry Nectarine (or Peach) Buckle - this is perfect for dessert or for breakfast with loads of seasonal fruit!



And, what summer morning would be complete without smoothies?

5 comments:

  1. I've feeling a little under the weather all day, but man oh man, these pictures are bringing my appetite right back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Where do I begin? I want to try them all! I don't remember where I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious post! Everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the Zucchini Pasta for dinner this evening and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that raspberry cake! We’re planning on grilling up a storm this weekend. I just posted a recipe share link on my site. Hope you’ll stop by and add a favorite:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-feasts.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...