Sunday, June 12, 2011

Menu Plan - June 12


So much for the menu plan... again.  Summer has been a challenge so far in sticking to the menu!  But, the best part about having a plan is being prepared when you need it and being flexible enough to let it slide.  Case in point:
  • Your sister stays with you for a few days and you take time to go shopping together... spending way too much time in Target {have I mentioned I love Target?!}, you arrive home realizing you can't possibly make the scheduled dinner, and so you go to a "quick-fix" dinner of Rigatoni with stewed tomatoes.  
  • Same little sister wants to go apartment shopping; you oblige and spend from 10am - 4pm in a car checking out apartments.  This is after hitting up garage sales from 8-10am.  Don't ask what we ate while in said car for 6 hours.  It couldn't possibly be pretzels and cheese.  I had two quesadillas for dinner to compensate.  
  • A college friend is in town which necessitates an impromptu get-together.  Girl with cooking blog offers to host.  Girl plans menu early in the week when it's 103 degrees.  Menu plan sounds good and allows for minimal time in the kitchen {as Friday was "begin another kitchen project day"}, but plans are scrapped when 48 hours after hitting 103 it's 58 degrees.  Thanks to feedback on Facebook, we ended up with a soup and bread buffet.  
Thus, we ate:

Berry Frozen Yogurt
{new recipe; made without an ice cream maker!!}









{with a new, healthier twist!}



Italian Chive and Onion Pasta Bake
{new}















This week, it's time for Frog Prince to travel again.  I've so enjoyed his month of time at home and can't believe we enter another travel season.  I always find it more difficult to cook while FP travels, so I'm hoping the menu plan will help this week.  But, I have something to look forward to... my sister is moving into her first apartment on Friday!  So excited.    

Sunday {Happy 1st Anniversary to our friends Kim and Matt!}
B - Goody-Poody Pancakes {new}
L - Sandwiches filled with Roasted Veggie Spread, fruit
D - Grilling.... Crockpot Baked Beans, Pickles
Dessert - Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp {new}

Monday
B - Rhubarb Sweet Rolls {new}, Fresh Blueberries

Tuesday
B - Leftover Sweet Rolls
D - French Bread Pizza, fresh veggies
Dessert {for Bible Study} - Rhubarb Bars {new}

Wednesday
D - Sweet Potato Risotto, Asparagus

Thursday

Friday {moving day}
B - Granola and Blueberries
D - Leftovers, or pizza.

Saturday
B - Egg Sandwiches
D - Leftovers

6 comments:

  1. Great menu this week. And I'm definitely checking out the fudgesicle recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to cook for one, isn't it? Great menu items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have your baked potato soup on my meal plan. I don't plan which days I'll do which meals...but after seeing the pic, I think we need to have it tonight.

    Even if it is 100 degrees here. I eat soup year-round because I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baked potato soup?! I must.try.this. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Italian Chive and Onion Pasta Bake?! Ooh, that looks SO good. I love cheesy casserole-y things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, my! your menu looks awesome this week especially the cheesy brown rice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...