Sunday, August 21, 2011

Menu Plan – August 21

What a beautiful week we had here in the land of the Frozen Tundra!  July was a hot and humid month here, but August… oh, August has been pretty much amazing.  Last week, we enjoyed:

Cherry Blueberry Breakfast Cake

Crockpot Philly Chicken Steaks, Italian Herb Rolls, carrots

Granola with blueberries

Broccoli, Black Beans and Rice with diced chicken {great lunch!}



Mixed Roasted Veggies & Pasta, peas

Zucchini Boats

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake

One week until classes begin!  I’ve had a couple of folks ask me what I do as a day job… I’m an assistant professor.  I teach courses in biology and this year, I get to teach a new course on food and food production!  As I mentioned last week, menu planning is the only way we are able to eat healthy and maintain our budget during the academic year.  So, here goes this week’s eats:

Sunday {BBQ with family friends}
Veggie Omelets
BBQ – Beer Brats and hot dogs, 40-minute Whole Wheat Brat Buns, Pickles,
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake Cupcakes
{To do: Take Wild Rice Hot Dish out of the freezer}

Monday
Buttermilk Waffles {from freezer}, Berry Sauce
Simple Chicken and Veggie Wraps, sweet potatoes {make in crockpot}
Wild Rice Casserole {from freezer}, with broccoli
{To Do: Make extra broccoli for lunches}

Tuesday
Granola with blueberries
Sandwiches on Carrot Bread, pretzels, blueberries
Ratatouille, Brown Rice
{To do: Make extra brown rice}

Wednesday
Breakfast Pockets {from freezer}, nectarines
Broccoli, Black Beans and Rice with diced chicken
Smokehouse Maple Fajitas, Grilled Zucchini
{To Do: Take Italian Sausages out from freezer}

Thursday
Granola and Berry Smoothie
Sandwiches on Carrot Bread, veggies and fruit
Lazy Sunday Casserole {new}

Friday
Buttermilk Waffles {freezer}, Berry Sauce
Leftovers
Spinach & Mushroom Manicotti, garlic bread

Saturday
TBD
Zucchini, Carrot and Black Bean Quesadillas, blueberries
Zucchini Mushroom and Pasta Skillet

Snacks
Zucchini Chips {new}
Granola Bars {new}

With school back in session… I need your great school lunch ideas!  What do you like to send with yourself or your kids?

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Your menu looks lovely and so well thought out:) I need to work on mine today. Thank you for such great ideas.

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog. There's a few recipes here that might appeal to my very picky husband. By "Frozen Tundra" I assume you mean Canada? I live just south of Green Bay WI which is the Packers "Official Frozen Tundra". lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for planning 3 meals a day all week!! I've just been trying to start planning our lunches so we aren't doing PB&J every day, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make homemade granola for a while. Your recipe looks so simple! Adding this to my "to-do" list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zucchini is so good! Are you gonna try using panko? Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That all just looks amazing! :) Erin

    Love your blog and following!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Healthy-Branscoms/218064364877134

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...