Sunday, February 13, 2011

Menu Plan - February 13



Last week was an exciting week around here... and a quiet one too.  We celebrated the Super Bowl and my birthday, although Frog Prince was gone all week :(

Saturday we made a long-time favorite of ours for dinner -- Parmesan Crusted Chicken.  It was as good as we remembered!


Sunday for brunch we tried a new fluffy applesauce pancake recipe -- they were delicious!


Sunday night we had a nice Super Bowl spread -- pizza and yummy munchies.  This was my parent's first Super Bowl party hosting ... and we enjoyed our time with them!  Frog Prince also made me my first birthday cake of the week!


Monday I ate leftovers of the delicious Alfredo chicken pasta that Frog Prince made for me before he traveled to Atlanta.


Tuesday, I put a Crockpot Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup in our slow cooker before I taught labs.  It was a delicious dish to come home to... especially after a day of working with mice in lab.  I was reminded after one of my students got bit by a mouse why I chose to study plants.


Wednesday was my birthday, and I was blessed to have my sister spend the day with me {in between my teaching, of course}, and we enjoyed French Bread Pizza's with steamed broccoli as a birthday dinner.


I ended up making cupcakes for a birthday treat with decadent chocolate frosting!  The awesome and amazing divisional secretary and I share our birthday, so half of the cupcakes made their way to campus with me on Wednesday.


The other half I shared with my family on Wednesday night when they came to visit for my birthday.  I talked to Frog Prince on the phone a few times, and he left me a cute hand-made card.


Thursday night I picked up Frog Prince at the airport, and we had French Bread Pizzas {again} for dinner when he got home.


Friday, we enjoyed a delicious brown rice casserole loaded with spinach.  Yum.


Saturday, we enjoyed Roasted Veggie Parmesan.  This remains one of our most favorite dishes.


One other highlight from the week was sharing with you a bit about my heart and the perfect birthday gift.  There's still time to join in our quest to feed 75-100 starving children for a year!  Visit this post for the details.

Sunday
Brunch - Omelets
Dinner - Leftovers

Monday
B - Granola with blueberries
D - Chicken and Peppers in White Wine {new}, steamed broccoli

Tuesday
B - Oatmeal with raspberries
D - Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini, herbed green beans
Dessert - Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies {new}


Wednesday
B - Granola with blueberries
D - Leftovers


Thursday 
B - Egg Sandwiches, grapefruit
D - Minestrone with Kale, No-Knead Fococcia Bread


Friday
B - Granola with craisins
D - Grilled Sweet Pepper and Black Bean Quesadillas {new}, roasted asparagus

Saturday
B - TBD
D - Vegetable Lasagna, Italian Herb Roll garlic bread

Hopefully I'll get caught up on posting new recipes!!  I have so many from the past couple of weeks -- thanks for your patience.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds amazing, friend! Here's hoping your week is fantastic! Is the hubby back in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your students got bit by a mouse? Wow - I hope they're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this entry SnoWhite. Looks like you had a pretty good(and yummy) birthday week :)

    We do pita pizzas at our house, but I like the idea of french bread pizza. Sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh your menu for/from both weeks looks so devine!! I am going to have to try a couple of your recipes.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great birthday week! Your dishes look so delicious!!!

    I also wanted to let you know that I have an award waiting for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks like you had a great week! Happy (late) birthday!! Your pictures always make my mouth water. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...