Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Plan - Jan. 18





Part of why I love menu planning is because it takes the stress out of the week.  It helps me to think clearly.  I can come home after a busy day and know what I need to do in the kitchen for us to have a healthy dinner.  The recipe gives me the directions; I hardly have to make a decision.  Love it.  


As we continue to try to plan meals within our budget, with ingredients we have on hand, that are healthy and enjoyable, I am encouraged each time we try a new recipe that we love.  Last week we tried some yummy eats that we never would have cooked had they not been on the menu -- it was just too busy otherwise.  


I'm glad we didn't miss out on these:  


(with hidden carrots and sweet potatoes)






Crockpot Chicken and Barley Soup
(recipe to come)



















Oh, and because you requested it...




I'm hoping for a slower week this week... but somehow I have a feeling we won't be slowing down until March... after I get my dissertation in to my committee :)  


Sunday
Breakfast - Cinnamon Raisin Bread, OJ
Dinner - Crockpot Honey Lime Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower (new), brown rice


Monday
Breakfast - Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, pineapple


Tuesday
Breakfast - Granola, peaches
Dinner - Leftovers, broccoli


Wednesday
Breakfast - Leftover Kris Kringle Pancakes, apple-y syrup
Dinner - Crockpot Chicken Stew with whole wheat dumplings (new)


Thursday
Breakfast - Oatmeal, apples
Dinner - Leftovers
Dessert - Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake (new)


Friday
Breakfast - Veggie Egg Scramble, Pineapple
Dinner - Loaded Baked Potato Soup (new), french bread (trying it with wheat!)



Saturday
Dinner - French Bread Pizza, broccoli (or sweet potato fries)

10 comments:

  1. I did well with my menu planning last week... Only one day messed up, and that was because of extra leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so intrigued by this broiled grapefruit idea. I have never heard of that before. But I love grapefruit, I eat one almost every day for breakfast so I will be trying this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I navigate my food blog, the more I realize the value in menu planning! Congrats on your dissertation btw! I am sure it will be a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! The photos are wonderful and your menu sounds delish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you mentioned that you eat fruit with each of your breakfasts. That's something we're going to try to incorporate better this week. Fruit is delicious and we're missing out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful menu plan, am wondering if your roasted cauliflower is your food challenge? If so it's mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weekly menu sounds fantastic. You're all set. Your photography, by the way, is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious menu! That picture of the baked oatmeal made my mouth water. Looks so good! Thanks for the link.
    I love your blog. Will be back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy! The baked ziti looks husband friendly. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your menu is awesome and the pics are great. I love greapfruit and am so excited to try it broiled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...