Sunday, March 21, 2010

Menu Plan - March 21


It was such a treat to have my sister here last week for her spring break!  We had a wonderful time together and spent a lot of time in the kitchen.  I taught her how to make bread, and *hopefully* inspired her to venture into some cooking of her own :)





Cooking for three people wasn't a whole lot different than cooking for two... but it did mean that leftovers didn't last as long.  Thus, we enjoyed a few more recipes this week than we typically do:






 

with Broccoli Smashed Potatoes (recipe to come)





(made with no-rise dough)


(with Irish Soda Bread)
  

 










 
The weather was soooo nice, we decided to grill one evening -- New York White Hot Dogs -- a rare treat around here!  We had homemade hotdog buns, sweet potato fries and pickles too!



The time is now ticking towards my dissertation defense.  I have two weeks before I submit it to my committee and then two more weeks until my defense.  {insert little mini freak out here}.  One of my great ways to manage stress is to cook -- so, I'm looking forward to our menu this week!

Sunday
Breakfast - Ricotta Pancakes with Lemon Curd (new)
Dinner - Pizza Hut Pan Pizza (new)
Dessert - Berry Crumble (new)

Monday
Breakfast - Leftover Pancakes
Dinner - Lasagna Soup, garlic bread (new)

Tuesday
Breakfast - Granola with dried fruit
Dinner - Pot Pie with Herby Biscuits

Wednesday 
Breakfast - Oatmeal Muffins (freezer)
Dinner - Garlic chicken, mushroom and spinach quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas

Thursday
Breakfast - Pineapple Pancakes (freezer)
Dinner - Leftovers

Friday
Breakfast - Baked Oatmeal, fruit
Dinner - Lucy's Chili and Lucy's Dinner Rolls (Lucy... will you come for dinner?!)

Saturday
Breakfast - Leftover Baked Oatmeal
Dinner - Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach (new)

8 comments:

  1. Okay, those key lime bars... cannot wait to get my hands on that recipe!

    And I hope to see that Pizza Hut Pan Pizza too. We love pizza around here and I've been searching and searching and searching for a Pizza Hut alternative since it's way expensive to get it on a regular basis!

    So nice your sis came to visit. I wish I could talk my sis into coming into the kitchen and cooking with me. That is a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also looking forward to the Key Lime bars recipe! I will check out your Ricotta Pancakes recipe as well, the husband and I were discussing ricotta in pancakes...he wasn't sold on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu's always make me sooo hungry! It all sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, those key lime bars sound so good. Can't wait til you can share the recipe.

    How lovely that your sister could be there for a nice long visit.

    I hope all goes well as you finish and prepare to defend your dissertation. Lucky for all of us that you plan to relieve the stress in the kitchen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wednesday night sounds like something I may try. What's the "garlic chicken" part of the recipe?

    Good Luck on your dissertation defense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm...sounds delicious! :) I'm especially interested in that Lasagna Soup! I'm gonna' have to check that recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had a lemon ricotta pancake on my menu this week until i forgot the ricotta!

    can't wait to see the pizza hut pizza i LOVE their pizza just know its not good for me! the pizza pretzels sound good too as i love your no-rise crust!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...