Sunday, October 17, 2010

Menu Plan - October 17



We have water in our kitchen now -- our new faucet is all hooked up, and we're beginning to settle in to our new kitchen.


Now, we have to pick a tile?!?!  Eek.

Frog Prince was in Georgia last week, and with our kitchen counter tops being torn off and replaced last week, we didn't do a lot of cooking.

I did most of the cooking for the week over the weekend, and my sister and I feasted on leftovers.  We did try one new creation -- a healthy mac and cheese that was delicious!

Pizza Puffs
{recipe on Wednesday}




Healthy Mac and Cheese
{Recipe on Tuesday}




{sandwiches and grilled cheese}


{with spinach}



Cheesy Green Bean Skillet
{recipe on Thursday}



I'm very much looking forward to a week of cooking in our new kitchen!  It's so nice to have extra work space, and have doors on all our cabinets.


In addition to our menu, we'll be cooking up a big batch of three cheese ziti and fococcia bread for our neighbors who just welcomed home their new little daughter.  

Sunday
B - Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes with apples
D - Crockpot Baked Potato Bar {new}
{To Do: Make granola, make extra potatoes to use Monday}

Monday 
B - Pumpkin Spice Granola, yogurt
D - Crockpot Chicken, Broccoli Smashed Potatoes
Dessert - Mom's Apple Pie
{To Do: Make Broth, slice veggies for soup}

Tuesday
B - Leftover Pancakes
D - Chicken Noodle Soup
{To Do: Pull French Bread from the freezer}

Wednesday
B - Pumpkin Spice Granola
D - French Bread Pizza, green beans

Thursday
B - Veggie Scramble
D - Leftovers
{To Do: Dice veggies for casserole}

Friday
B - Pumpkin Spice Granola
D - Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
{To Do: Make bagel dough}

Saturday
B - Honey Whole Wheat Bagels
D - Vegetable Beef Soup, carrot bread


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow - everything looks so good! I love the idea of posting your to-do list with the menu. Great idea, I'm always forgeting to defrost something the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just come eat at your house? :) I'll be looking forward to the pizza puff recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can't wait for the pizza muffins recipe! And the mac and cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week! I'm looking forward to the pizza puff recipe. My little ones will love it I think for a quick lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds do think alike - how funny!

    And I will definitely be back for the pizza puff recipe. I hope it will work gluten-free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your counter tops! They look terrific! What are you picking tile for? The floor or the backslash?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning...funny thing is I was reading yours when you commented. =) I have bookmarked the sweet potato recipe link for giving some of your recipes a try...the Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato bars...yum!

    Enjoy your new kitchen in progress...

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen is looking great. I am looking forward to the recipe for pizza puffs. They looks so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I am going to definitely spend some time here on your blog reading all of your recipes! I can't wait to read the Pizza Puffs recipe.
    I am looking for some new, healthy recipes, and I am looking forward to trying some of yours.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm horrible at making decorating decisions. You've done great with the kitchen so far. The counters look wonderful and I can't wait to see the tile once you pick it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything looks yummy as always

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...