Monday, December 6, 2010

Menu Plan–December 5


orgjunkiempm1

The first week of December was a week of firsts:

first cookie baking with my family in five years,
first Christmas decorating of our house,
first Christmas tree purchase,
first Skype call with our far-away family,
first Festival of Christmas experience for my husband,
and first broken garage door experience! 
What a week!

Sunday, we enjoyed a brunch of
Buttermilk Pancakes and Apple-y Sauce

DSC00245

For dinner, we made Kentucky Hot Browns --


These are Frog Prince’s FAVORITE way to enjoy turkey leftovers. 

Monday night, we enjoyed Thanksgiving leftovers
{yes, we were still eating them up last week!}

DSC00154

Then, on Tuesday, we had my all-time favorite Broccoli Hot Dish
This time, I used our wild rice stuffing on the top. 

DSC00322
oh.my.goodness. 

Wednesday night, I had some quick leftovers before heading to our small group, to which I brought these delicious Oreo Drops {recipe to come}. 

DSC00074

Thursday night we had a pot-luck at church; and I made the

DSC00006

I made the entire thing in the rice cooker,
and tossed in some turkey for a little extra protein.  Yum, yum. 

Friday night, we were treated to a delightful dinner, a Schomorgesborg, actually, of traditional Scandinavian foods before our Christmas concert!

DSC00045

Saturday night, we treated my folks to a nice dinner of homemade ravioli, served with crockpot spaghetti sauce, broccoli and garlic bread.

DSC00064 

And, for dessert… Baked Fudge




That was for all their help with our house this fall!



This week is the final week of classes for Fall Semester!  At times, I’ve felt like the Little Engine that Could repeating to myself, “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…”.  Oh, how delightful it is to see the light of beautiful Christmas rest that is ahead. 

Sunday
B – Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes {new}
D – Crockpot Sloppy Joe’s Over French Bread, peas
Dessert – Whole Wheat Molasses Crinkles {the best!!}

Monday – St. Nicholas Day!
B – Kris Kringle Pancakes {our favorite winter pancake}
D – Tuscan Lemon Chicken, steamed veggies and brown rice
Dessert – Anise Cookies

Tuesday
B – Leftover pancakes
D – Neighborhood dinner! 

Wednesday
B – Pumpkin Spice Granola, craisins
D – Cherry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, veggies

Thursday
B – Leftovers, or granola
D – Loaded Baked Potato Soup {new}

FridayLAST DAY of the Semester!!
B – Veggie Scramble
D – Spinach and Mushroom Calzones, broccoli

Saturday
B – TBD
D – Crockpot Chicken Parmesan, salad

What are you cooking this week?

6 comments:

  1. What?! There is no rest for you, my dear co-PI! :) This week, we begin the effort to work through our pantry so our cupboards are bare as we leave for the holiday. We're whipping up Sopa Seca, omelettes and pasta. Perhaps something with bulgur, if I can ever find something that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great, and your new menu sounds delish!Happy St Nicholas Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week, everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a delicious week! Yum!

    I think that baked fudge recipe would be a perfect addition to This Week's Cravings theme! www.frommytinykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your menu sounds delicious! I'm especially liking the looks of those Oreo drops and the baked fudge. YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much of this meal plan tickles my fancy. I've got to try the broccoli hot dish and the cheesy green beans and rice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...