Sunday, January 23, 2011

Menu Plan - January 23



We hit our first stretch of cold weather this past week.  By cold weather, I mean, truly cold weather.  When I picked Frog Prince up at the airport on Friday morning, it was 18 degrees below zero - before the wind chill.  This called for a slight change in weekend menu plans... more soup!  Thus, there are a few more new recipes on the recap!




Kim's Rolls
{recipe to come}
Butternut Squash Pasta Skillet
{recipe to come}



Honey Oat Bread
{made great grilled cheese!}



Roasted Vegetable Minestrone
{recipe to come}





Crockpot Beef and Vegetable Stew
{recipe to come}



{this was a hit!}


Blueberry Oat Pancakes
{recipe to come}






This past week, I shared a tour of our new kitchen!!  Thank you all for sharing in our excitement with the renovations - we love our new space and feel so blessed to be able to cook there.

I have one final week before the spring semester begins, so our menu plan has some familiar favorites on it this week.  I love that I have go-to recipes when weeks are busy; it makes dinner time much less stressful!

Sunday
Brunch - Ham, Mushroom and Cheese Omelets {new}, OJ
Dinner - Sausage, Spinach and Mushroom Stomboli {new}
Dessert - Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies {new}


Monday
B - Honey Oat Granola {new}
D - Chicken Brown Rice Bake {a favorite!}


Tuesday
B - Oatmeal Waffles, apples
D - Broccoli Hotdish


Wednesday
B - Orange Cranberry Muffins {freezer}
D - Leftovers


Thursday
B - Granola and dried fruit
D - Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese, steamed pea pods and peppers
{To do: Make Bread}


Friday
B - Cinnamon Roll Toast, grapefruit
D - Pepper and Spinach Pizza, sweet potato fries


Saturday
B - TBD
D - Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak, steamed veggies

If you are looking for some new recipes, be sure to check out our Friday Favorites -- an ever-growing list of recipes we can't wait to try!

Are you trying anything new in your kitchen this week?  I'd love to hear about it!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I actually made two things for your list this past week. But Now I'm excited to try the crockpot ziti.

    Kel
    www.betweenthelines-kel.com
    betweenthelines-pr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful. I really have been craving Minnestrone Soup. Yours looks so delicious. Enjoy your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sno, Everything looks terrific. I want to make that Minnestrone Soup. Enjoy your new kitchen- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried PWs Roasted Veggie Minestrone this week. We've decided to do soup at least once a week. I'm excited about your new recipes. We've been making your spinach veggie soup, but now I'm excited to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming over on Saturday for the cheesesteaks!

    The butternut pasta looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can say for ceratin your Crockpot Italian Sausage soup is on my list for the week. Other than that I'm not certain. Grumpy was sick all weekend and still wasn't up to eating much last night so the next couple of nights are iffy around here! I have bookmarked your Crockpot Cheesesteak too...probably not this week, but maybe the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sno White,
    Your Crock Pot Beef and Vegetable Stew would be a hit here today. I just love your new kitchen it will put more joy in your cooking.Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the crockpot ziti prepared in my crockpot today! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog, can't wait to try more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm visiting from MPM. Your beef stew looks delicious. Your new kitchen looks great! Have fun working in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the recipe for the butternut squash pasta - looks like something my two little ones would love! Thanks!! Great looking recipe - and hope you are staying warm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made your crockpot Italian Sausage Soup today. It was delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...