Sunday, May 8, 2011

Menu Plan - May 8



The last week of the school year is here!  I can't believe that I have just three class meetings left with the students God has blessed me with this semester.  And, in just under 2 weeks, I'll be done with my first year as a professor.

That being said, last week was crazy and we did not do a good job sticking to the menu plan.  Our picnic was rescheduled due to cold weather, and Monday night we ended up making our favorite vegetable lasagna.


Since this makes such a delicious lasagna, we didn't mind eating it for leftovers all week!  We couple this dinner with Olive Garden Bread Sticks -- only this time I tried a "ready-in-40-minutes" version, and they were equally tasty to their predecessor {and much more practical due to their shortened cooking time!}.  Recipe to come!


Tuesday night, we made a turkey in the crockpot.
We used the carcass to make yummy broth!


Wednesday night was our departmental picnic, followed by Bible study.  
{made with dark chocolate chips in place of raisin}

Thursday, we enjoyed a yummy veggie stir fry with homemade teriyaki sauce.  
We served this with leftover turkey.  



Friday, we made Frog Prince's favorite pasta dish -

  

Saturday, I started a large crockpot full of wild rice soup.  
Then, we cleaned out the fridge for dinner.


This coming week is also really special...
Frog Prince has a big birthday coming up! 
The big 3-0.
He asked me to try to make the cake he used to enjoy as a kid, 
so I will attempt to make him a knock-off Carvel Ice Cream Cake. 

In addition to the birthday festivities, we will eat: 

Sunday
B - Blueberry Olive Oil Muffins
D - Mother's Day... {and somehow I am not cooking!}
Dessert - Strawberry Kiwi Pizza {new}

Monday
B - Breakfast Pockets {freezer}
D - Un-Stuffed Pepper Skillet {with black beans}, green beans

Tuesday
B - Buttermilk Pancakes, berry sauce
D - Parmesan Crusted Chicken, steamed mixed veggies, brown rice
Wednesday
B - Leftover Pancakes
D - Leftovers

Thursday
B - Granola and yogurt, strawberries
D - Chicken and Brown Rice Bake {use leftover turkey}

Friday - Happy Birthday, Frog Prince!!
B - Dark Chocolate Cherry Muffins
D - Vermont White Cheddar Mac and Cheese, steamed broccoli
Dessert - Ice Cream Cake {new}

Saturday
B - Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
D - Grilled Pizza and roasted carrots {new}

Any big things coming up for you this week?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a super yummy week, Happy Birthday to Frog Prince, can't wait to see that cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious week you have ahead of you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to F.P. -- what a milestone! :) I can't wait to see how your Carvel cake turns out...that's the birthday dessert Nathan and I get for one another, too! :) I love the chocolate crunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these pictures are making me so hungry! We're moving soon, so I haven't had the time or ingredients to cook like I usually do--your menu plan is so superior to mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so many great dishes,they all look so yummy.Thanks for sharing. http://weightlossreviews2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...