Sunday, September 2, 2012

Menu Plan–September 2

We wrapped up the last week of August with the first week of school!  I have a delightful bunch of new students for the fall semester, and I can already tell we’re going to have lots of fun together, and of course learn a lot too. 

To kick off our back-to-school menu planning here’s what helped us make it through the week:

Now, we’re officially into fall… and I’m drooling over all the fall recipes I can’t wait to make.  I even devoted an entire board over on Pinterest to the wonderful fall eats.  Our plan for this week includes:

Sunday
Cherry Coffee Cake, blueberries
BBQ – Brats & Italian Sausage with sautéed peppers, roasted green bean & potato salad, pickles, applesauce , and sweet corn.
Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce

Monday
Whole Wheat Bagels
Roasted Tomato BLT, Green Beans
Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese, steamed veggies

To Do: Make brown rice + extra, prepare lunches

Tuesday
Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches
Leftovers
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet, Cauliflower/Broccoli/Carrots

To Do: Make extra veggies, thaw chicken, make dessert

Wednesday
Pancakes {freezer} with berry sauce
Wraps {filled with leftover pepper skillet & black beans}
Crockpot Philly Cheesesteaks and veggies
Bible Study Dessert: Apple Cheesecake Bars {new}

To Do: grate zucchini, thaw bread for sandwiches

Thursday
Zucchini Waffles, Sautéed Apples
Sandwiches, carrots and fresh fruit
Grilled Pizza {dough in freezer}, green beans

To Do: roast veggies when the grill is hot! 

Friday
Granola and blueberries
Leftovers
Roasted Vegetable Macaroni {new}

Saturday 
Apple Cider Donuts
TBD

Snacks
Popcorn
Applesauce {freezer}
Raspberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bars
Yogurt with fruit
Dried Fruit

I do hope you’ll come back this week because all week long we’ll be talking about wholesome back-to-school meal ideas – from grab & go breakfasts to quick dinners, and lunches everyone will love, we’re here to help you get back into the school season without compromising feeding your family well. 

image

Check back on Tuesday for Grab & Go Breakfasts!

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

4 comments:

  1. That cherry coffee cake sounds amazing! I'm off to go check out your fall recipes pin board. Great menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! We love the coffee cake. It's actually a running joke in my family that it's the "one thing" my mom makes that my husband likes her version of better than mine :) Regardless, it's a hit!

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to look closer at your dinner menu and get on planning guy own better this next week now that school is back in session and I am busier than ever! Recently though, I made a peach dessert and thought it might be one you would like to see if you wanted to try it!
    http://homeschoolblogger.com/martha/784652/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peach dessert looks yummy! Reminds me of a dessert my grandmother makes.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...